New Project; Song Posted "At Your Se7en," AND "Eat Dead People" tracks for DOWNLOAD!!

• Thread starter Slampop
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
Okay dudes, i haven't been able to post or check in lately cause school started back up! SUCKS!!! Anyway, i am doing a new project with my bassist from Eat Dead People (ex House of Atreus bassist) Jerrod called "Entertaining the End," and the track is called "At Your Se7en." we are having a blast doing this project seeing as how we are both heavily influenced by Meshuggah and other similar influences!

Gear:
-I used Jerrods Schecter C-7 Hellraiser (stock EMG's) and the POD for the gits...tuned to G, E, A, D, G, B, E
-Jerrod used his Warwick thumb bass for the bass tracks and it gave me a chance to use my new Sansamp bass driver!
-drums are DFHS as usual!

We have a few other songs, but this is the only track we're posting for download till the project is over!

let me know what you guys think! :)
Cheers dudes! :pops:

"At Your Se7ven"
SoundClick artist: Idoler - Soundclick Page for Artist: Idoler_enjoy my personal music and other productions!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"EAT DEAD PEOPLE" IS UP FOR DOWNLOAD DUDES!!!

"EAT DEAD PEOPLE" is now a band with a full line up and is officially up and running smoothly! i luckily nabbed one of the best drummers in the Bay Area, who puts my programmed drums to shame! We should be playing shows within the next few months, hopefully! YAY for a new band!!! and we have chose three of our already recorded songs to make a quick demo to give out for download!!! i have time booked with my boy Sam who runs Panda Studios to record all the raw audio tracks for the drums and instruments for our five song EP that i am going to mix myself!!!

here ya go dudes, i remixed these, very happy with the mix now (FINALLY!!!) and am even happier with the final vocal mix!

Here ya go again dudes!
Enjoy!

"Eat Dead People" (3 tracks)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zxmkqentwng/Eat_Dead_People.zip

edpcd.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
:scream:
Dude you never cease to amaze me. At Your Se7en... in my face haha
It seems very very much compressed. And I like a lot of compression! but the crashes get slightly (much?) drowned from the kick. I guess it works somehow, just thought I'd say.
Shit this is brutal and heavy. I feel like laying down and die from the weight. Melodic parts work very well, even with a single note through a whole section. 1:32 lead tone thingy fading in.. very atmospheric
I don't get it! Everyone's dfh toms are just way better than mine. This sucks!

Needs more playtime. Or givf follow-up song. now! =D

I said now!

Slampop

Reaction score
haha, thanks dude, most of the credit goes to Jerrod riff wise, and though i AM co-writing this project, i'm mainly just organizing and gluing his riffs together, as well as the patterns and programming etc. but it's definitely a dual effort on both our parts for the final product.

i agree about the compression, and i usually send my OH's to a seperate bus so i don't get as much pumping...but we felt, oddly enough, it worked for it as well, haha! :D

thanks for the listen dude, really happy you dug! :metal:

oh...and i used the "premier" toms on this, maybe that will help ;)

Reaction score
Look who's back...

Sounds frickin' fantastic, dude. Reminds me of the re-nothing mix, great song too.

Presets!

Slampop

Reaction score
Look who's back...
Reminds me of the re-nothing mix!

hahaha, yea dude, been busy...unfortunately, i just took a glance at all the current threads posted here and realized...i don't recognize anyone on this forum anymore...what happened!? i was only gone a few weeks! hahaha.

anywho, yea, the tone is definitely a re-nothing type tone, but i went for a waaay fatter drum mix/overall mix than that album!

Awesome! Great production and overall tone:metal:

thanks a lot dude! oh, and don't wait for those bare-knuckles to write and post something new dude, write and post something w/ your EMG's anyway! haven't heard anything from ya in a while! :) though i've never been a fan of EMG's for anything other than playing live...i was really happy with how this new project's tone came out!

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
The production is top notch. I don't think I will ever get the process of recording/mixing/producing. It makes utterly no sense to me, even the basics, after 6 months of studying.

Slampop

Reaction score
thanks so much dudes! :)

RawrItsRaptor- hahaha, don't give up hope man, the more you record, the more it will make sense, it really just depends on how bad you want it. studying is always a good thing, but i would say it's the experience gained from constantly recording your stuff, even the smallest ideas, that will do the most good for you in the long run to develop your mixes and production skills! :yesway:

Radicz0r

Worst Dude
Reaction score
Hey man, i checked out the track At your se7en and i was blown away! very tight stuff indeed, i didn't gt the chance to check out the .zip file since i'm on a shitty mac at work and it wont let me download it. BUT i will most defo check it out when i get home.
Thanks for making my morning a bit more pleasant =)

Greg Pope

Reaction score
:lol: I clicked the lo-fi version without realizing and was like what the hell! what happened to your production! then I realized!, oh yes much better!! Awesome stuff as usual!:yesway::metal:

dudeskin

Reaction score
i did the same, glad you pointed that out greg. thought he borrowed my rig for this track :spock:

cycloptopus

Reaction score
Cool track, man. That is sick you got a full band doing this! Good luck. If you ever come to NJ I will definitely check you out. I look forward to hearing your drummer especially if he puts these drum tracks to shame. You doing the vocals too? (I can't check the "Eat Dead People" site from work so I haven't heard it yet...)

Slampop

Reaction score
hahaha, thanks a lot dudes, i'm happy the new project is getting a positive response because i was kinda worried after my last post (i had posted my boys happy and kinda bubbley Alternative rock song)...let's just say i felt i might have lost some rep/street cred on the forum!!! :lol:

Radicz0r- i'm happy our djenty new project brightened your day my man! let me know what you think of the Eat Dead People tracks if you get the chance :)

Triple7- thanks dude, i hope you dig the tracks...i cleaned the mix up as best i could from the last time you heard them, while still leaving it sounding a bit raw like we originally wanted them!

Greg/dudeskin- :lol::lol::lol:

cycloptopus- hahaha, well, the track for the project you heard is actually just a recording project my bassist and i have been wanting to do for a really long time! it's the Eat Dead People stuff that is actually my new band! thanks for checking out the track though dude!

Turd85- you know bro, your mixes are friggin solid! i'm looking forward to hearing moar! ;)

thanks again dudes! :shred:

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
yo yo killah Slam... ive been out of the loop with work n shiz... dude.... shit is fucking sick my man. .. I just rendered a song I wanted to post tonight but noooooooooo i get on here and your shit is just fucking up soundclick!!!! so im gonna hold out for about a week!!!! thanks alot... nah on the real... shit is sick and need the lungz!!!!

Slampop

Reaction score
i think that this dude has posted spam or a virus that has screwed up this forum before...my advice, NOONE CLICK ON THE LINK!!!
:ban::ban::ban:

EDIT: SS.org took down the spam comment of which i was commenting on above ;)

Latest posts

')