New PRS SE models (Hollowbody, Starla, Mira, burl)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
You do know the HBii was always 22 frets and wraptail ya? :lol:

Yeeeeap.

I was gonna say, a lot of the early Incubus fans are gonna be happy.

incubus-guitarist-mike-einziger-performs-during-the-music-midtown-in-picture-id2287180

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSanta

Reaction score
Yeeeeap.

I was gonna say, a lot of the early Incubus fans are gonna be happy.

incubus-guitarist-mike-einziger-performs-during-the-music-midtown-in-picture-id2287180

If they made a SE Archtop, I would be in BIG trouble! I liked the HBII I had, but not enough to keep it. The SE might be a winner for me though.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I’d love one. I don’t have anything like it yet. I bet it’s well over a grand though.

All the SE's are near a grand here in syrup land. Hurray inflation..

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
All the SE's are near a grand here in syrup land. Hurray inflation..

yeah they’re not cheap here either. But the Hollowbody I bet will be quite a bit more. I want one though. I’ve already got a CU24 SE Roasted Maple on order as well.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I’d want a 24 fret hollow body. But only because I’ve already got a hbii

I’ll probably get one of these se’s as backup to my core....as soon as I finish buying all the used prestige’s in Chiba.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
That Hollowbody looks pretty sweet!

I wonder how much the cost of the SE's would go up by if the locking tuners were just added as standard? Can't be that much surely..?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah they’re not cheap here either. But the Hollowbody I bet will be quite a bit more. I want one though. I’ve already got a CU24 SE Roasted Maple on order as well.

Im still bummed I couldnt go for an hbii in white, all spruce.

The HBii is one of my "once Im 40, maybe" guitars. Life is going to get nuts between now and then :lol:

Still definitely going to try the SE if I see one.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
  • SE Hollowbody Standard $999
  • SE Hollowbody II $1,149
Not bad, every PRS SE I've come across has been among the best imports I've played. And it's downright a bargain compared to the new Indo-made Strandberg neck-throughs that are like $3k. :eek:

Also, the McCarty tobacco standard might be better looking than the flame top versions.
se_hollowbody_standard_2020_straight1.png

Oh and here's the SE Locking Tuners, $95 ain't too bad. https://us.prsaccessories.com/collections/tuners/products/prs-se-locking-tuners-set

laxu

Reaction score
I really like how the burled ash model looks. I generally dislike the carve of the SE series tops compared to the US models but the burled ash really makes the most of it.

se_custom_24_burled_ash_2020_hero_photo1.jpg

')