New PRS SE models (Hollowbody, Starla, Mira, burl)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sollipsist

Reaction score
Has anybody got their hands on one of the sandblasted SE Customs yet? I always really liked that look on the Mayones. I'd jump on it if I was more sure that the guitar quality was worth the price, especially with the extra hit for shipping from Europe to the US.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Has anybody got their hands on one of the sandblasted SE Customs yet? I always really liked that look on the Mayones. I'd jump on it if I was more sure that the guitar quality was worth the price, especially with the extra hit for shipping from Europe to the US.

would also like to know, compared to like an S2 satin bc they’re in the same price bracket

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that 35th anniversary SE custom 24 have more of a carved top than a regular SE? Looks like it has more carve inside the upper horn and some dish around the edges.

SJShinn

Reaction score
Is it just me or does that 35th anniversary SE custom 24 have more of a carved top than a regular SE? Looks like it has more carve inside the upper horn and some dish around the edges.
In the vid, he says it has the same top carve as the SE Paul's guitar, so a little closer to what you'd find on the Core models. That said, I love my SE Singlecut and this 35th-anniversary model has piqued my interest quite a bit...

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
would also like to know, compared to like an S2 satin bc they’re in the same price bracket

I'd take an S2 Satin over one of the sandblasted SE's any day of the week.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Big jump in quality, or you just hate the look? :)

Quality jump. SEs are nice, but no better or worse than a nice Schecter or LTD. Every S2 I've played at the local Guitar Center has been fantastic. They're just consistently solid guitars.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
[bump]

Anyone try one of these yet? Curious how the pickups are (including split coil bridge) and how it looks in person.

upload_2020-5-16_2-28-25.png

upload_2020-5-16_2-28-48.png

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
What's the difference between the standard and the II?

I'm assuming non-maple top (standard) va maple top (II), or non-figured vs figured.
The difference between a hollowbody and a hollowbody II is maple. Maple top and mahogany back on the standard hollowbody. Maple top AND back on the hollowbody II.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
[bump]

Anyone try one of these yet? Curious how the pickups are (including split coil bridge) and how it looks in person.

View attachment 80701
View attachment 80702

Is this a limited color? Looks utterly sweet.

I owned an S2 Custom 22 Semi for a while, so I'll compare to that. Played a non-semi Vela at a friends; fit and finish was the same as my S2 - extremely solid, no issues whatsoever. The body is larger, but not uncomfortably large at all. Felt smaller than a Jazzmaster to me.

The single coil sounds on both the neck pup + split bridge were very even and full. I think I expected more brightness/even harsh treble, given the Tele-style bridge, but was pleasantly surprised. I'd expect it to have a bit more resonance with the f-hole.

')