NEW PRS SE Torero!!! EMG and Floyd Rose!!

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
Wow... we've got TWO PRS staffers here? Sweet!

A 7-string SE Standard or SE Custom would be awesome. I'd LOVE it if it could be like the old discontinued SE Standards in the satin-finished vintage mahogany or black stain. The ones with the arm contour. They were amazing guitars.

00070907.jpg

That (and a black stained version) with 24 frets would be KILLER.

absolutely agree, those where fantastic guitars. And the only time PRS ever offered there trem in black :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EBH Jaymz

Reaction score
4117048764_2f7cd08832.jpg
4116278493_9726048ea0.jpg
4116279047_09435f3457.jpg
4116278977_50ca8f3260.jpg
this PRS?

and it's 3 staffers. i've been here few years under a few names(stupid bad memory for passwords/email addys). ;)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I definitely prefer the black finish over the red, gimme some passives in there and I'll be good to go

Duraesu

Reaction score
is that the prototype? (asking this because of the apparently rosewood fretboard) how come that guy is playing one? *jelous mode*

EBH Jaymz

Reaction score
it is the prototype and i'm playing it cause i frickin rock!!!! (or because i work on the artist guitars/PRS Tech Center and they let me borrow it to put it through its paces, but i like to think its cause i rock!!!)

Duraesu

Reaction score
it is the prototype and i'm playing it cause i frickin rock!!!! (or because i work on the artist guitars/PRS Tech Center and they let me borrow it to put it through its paces, but i like to think its cause i rock!!!)

damn you sir:lol:

now we want pics of the red one :idea:

EBH Jaymz

Reaction score
yeah. i only have the black one here. i want a pink/green sparkle one myself.(its coming soon)

like this one
n1419358583_128711_483.jpg

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's a fine-looking guitar. (The black Torero.)

Now make one with the correct number of strings. (Please?) :)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
There's been "buzz" going all the way back to some of the early Private Stock sevens. Generally, we only get pumped about a new seven if the company gives us an indication that the chances of it happening are greater than "slim to none." So far, PRS hasn't given any indication (until you guys posting here very recently) that a production USA or SE seven is anywhere remotely a possibility.

Every time a photo emerges of another PRS artist playing another seven, everyone gets excited, and then disappointed that it's beyond the realm of accessibility (read: affordability) for most players.

A USA Standard, Custom or Singlecut seven would be amazing. An SE version of the same would also be fantastic.

Bleak

Reaction score
There's been "buzz" going all the way back to some of the early Private Stock sevens. Generally, we only get pumped about a new seven if the company gives us an indication that the chances of it happening are greater than "slim to none." So far, PRS hasn't given any indication (until you guys posting here very recently) that a production USA or SE seven is anywhere remotely a possibility.

Every time a photo emerges of another PRS artist playing another seven, everyone gets excited, and then disappointed that it's beyond the realm of accessibility (read: affordability) for most players.

A USA Standard, Custom or Singlecut seven would be amazing. An SE version of the same would also be fantastic.

:darren:

Good post, dude. I think that pretty much sums up how we all feel. I know for me personally, I'd pick up a PRS 7 in a heartbeat - assuming it's not a Private Stock.

EBH Jaymz

Reaction score
yeah. i understand. i have been trying for one for a long time. as james said, PRS is getting the opportunity to be more adventurous with the SE line. if there needed to be a push for one, now is the time. as you can see, PRS is starting to realize that there are players out there who want one that is are not into the "classic" PRS as their main instrument.
and they have a hit with this Torrero. i took it out for the show just the other day and had my BC Rich Wave (my main guitar for 4-5 years) and did not once look back to the Wave and want to switch.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Torero in a seven-string version with passive pickups (PLEASE no EMGs!) in Floyd and fixed-bridge versions would be awesome.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have nothing against EMGs, except on seven-string guitars, where the soapbar form factor severely limits the options for replacement.

')