NEW PRS's for 2014

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Things I'm most excited about:

-Floyd CU24 (REALLY excited about this one, it's like the answer to an Ibby without the cramp-inducing neck carve for me!!!)
-P24 Trem (holy :wub:!!!! I called it when I saw the P24 LTD models, and when all 50 disappeared in ONE DAY, yep... big seller!)
-SE Zach Myers
-SE Floyd Custom 24

The biggest one for me is the Floyd CU24 honestly. DEM SPECS!!! :eek:

[QUOTE="FLOYD" CUSTOM 24 MODEL SPECS]
BODY
Top Wood Carved Figured Maple
Back Wood Mahogany
NECK
Number of Frets 24
Scale Length 25"
Neck Wood Flame Maple
Fretboard Wood Ebony
Neck Shape Pattern Regular
Fretboard Inlays Birds
Headstock Inlay Ebony Veneer with Inlaid Signature
HARDWARE/ELECTRONICS
Bridge Floyd Rose "Original" Tremolo & Locking Nut
Tuners PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
Truss Rod Cover "Custom"
Hardware Type Nickel
Treble Pickup Uncovered \m/ Treble
Bass Pickup Uncovered \m/ Bass
Pickup Switching Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Blade Switch
OPTION
Top Option Flame or Quilted Maple
10-Top Flame or 10-Top Quilted Maple[/QUOTE]

Basically my Artist Package CU24 with a Floyd! :D Stuff I love about it? Let's see... flamed maple PATTERN REGULAR NECK (one of THE best neck carves PRS uses, perfect happy medium between their old wide fat and wide thin, IMO!), ebony fretboard, uncovered \m/ pickups wired for a 5-way blade switch?! DO WANT, SO HARD!!! It would be PERFECT if they allowed you to opt for a swamp ash body... if they did that, I would probably be ordering one next year at some point... might have to talk to a dealer and see if there is any chance for a "one-off" or small run... :D

I also noticed several new color options that look sweet too:

Obsidian:

obsidian.jpg

Leprechaun Tooth :)lol:):

leprechauntooth.jpg

Blood Orange:

bloodorange.jpg

Aquableux:

aquableux.jpg

Not really new, but new to the option for selecting it on a standard CU24:

Faded Whale Blue:

fadedwhaleblue.jpg

I really want to see some full guitar shots of Obsidian and Lephrechaun Tooth (haha, that name is just ridiculous... :rofl:) as those look great in the tiny sample but it would be better to see a few full guitars stained with those colors to really get a feel for how they will generally turn out. :agreed: Either way, looks like a home run for new models this year!

That Zach Myers SE looks fantastic too, hoping the local GC gets one in stock so I can give it a whirl as my SE 245 is just incredible so it seems like the SE folks in Korea and still churning out the goods! :wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Found a pic of Obsidian on a full guitar... ME LIKEY!!!

IMG_0210_zps4bcd6171.jpg

Next PRS is likely going to be that finish! :yum:

Violet also looks eerily similar to the Aqua Violet Fade Private Stock-only finish! :eek:

IMG_0212_zps65a634eb.jpg

PRS... why do you have to threaten my wallet like this?! :ugh:

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
That CU24 Floyd will be mine. Oh yes it WILL BE MINE.

I was already thinking of getting a Carvin C24 cuz you could get it with a floyd. Now I don't need to because I can get a PRS with one. :yesway:

protest

Reaction score
I'm surprised the Floyd CU24 only comes in pattern regular. I figured they'd go thin since everything else is geared toward metal/shredding. I like that PRS is changing things up instead of just pushing out the same old stuff.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
A closer look reveals that the Floyd CU24s come with a figured maple neck standard. THAT is pretty cool.

edit: damnit HighGain beat me to it :lol:

Underworld

Reaction score
I'm screwd. That Zach Myers is so hot. Trampas green, semi-hollow, and affordable. My only grip, the 24.5 scale...

Also that S2 Singlecut.

Also these new CU24 colors

Also that new amp

Damn.

DanakinSkywalker

Reaction score
The Zach Myers looks saweeeeeeet. I love Marty Friedman, but why does he need to put star inlays on his sigs? Why??

fwskrr.jpg

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
Grab a Mikael Akerfeldt SE :)
Single cut, tt also has the satin neck, plus ebony fretboard, and 24 frets, and a trem ;)

Yeah, but I'm not digging the Opeth inlay on the body and it is not sem-hollow.

I am gonna keep a close eye on PRS from now on, 2014 is looking VERY good for PRS!

timbucktu123

Reaction score
is this everything for 2014 or is this just a sampling of the line up to be released?

but the custom 24 with the floyd and the zach meyer is sexy

Adeamus

sucks.
Reaction score
WHAT?!

Alright, Violet Floyd PRS is now on the 2014 want list. Mike, you gonna be at NAMM this year?

vanhendrix

Reaction score
If the CU24 Floyd existed in lefty I would already have one somehow. That's the perfect guitar.

All you righties owe it to yourselves to just demolish the stocks of that guitar. Buy 6 if you have to.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
If the CU24 Floyd existed in lefty I would already have one somehow. That's the perfect guitar.

All you righties owe it to yourselves to just demolish the stocks of that guitar. Buy 6 if you have to.

I already have someone checking on the possibility of this :)

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Although that Zach Myers looks AMAZING I am about darn ready for an Emil Werstler signature already. I mean the dude does every single event PRS & co put on, reps the heck out of the company, is very big in the metal community especially amongst shredders, is an amazing player & above all Paul is huge on his playing.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
I already have someone checking on the possibility of this :)

Keep me posted sir. When I bought my current PRS I was so enamoured that I emailed the customer support just to thank the company for existing.

')