NEW PRS's for 2014

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

obZenity

bwow-duh-da-dow
Reaction score
Are these ZM SEs going to be full depth like the Akesson or SC245, or like the Mikael sig (thinner)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
They've done the carved/beveled veneer tops for a while now, actually. I think that started back in like 2011 or 2012 IIRC. :) Definitely an improvement as far as I'm concerned too! :agreed: They started with adding the birds, then putting the carved top on there as well helped a lot to make it a little bit closer to the real thing as that part of the PRS aesthetic was something a lot of folks missed from the SE lineup. :)
I didn't know about the carved tops and veneers, this makes me sort stuck in a three way tie between saving up for a Gibson Les Paul T, a PRS SC245 on Ebay, or going the cheaper route with the Zack Myers. It looks so good aesthetically and it sounded good in the demo he had, though he didn't really didn't do much except play a some blues shuffle riffs. Probably going the Zack Myers though as I've never had a semi-hollow guitar before.

obZenity

bwow-duh-da-dow
Reaction score
I didn't know about the carved tops and veneers, this makes me sort stuck in a three way tie between saving up for a Gibson Les Paul T, a PRS SC245 on Ebay, or going the for the cheaper Zack Myers. It looks so good aesthetically and it sounded good in the demo he had, though he didn't really didn't do much except play a some blues shuffle riffs. Probably going the Zack Myers though as I've never had a semi-hollow guitar before.

the SE SC245 pickups are solid, a little thin for my liking but solid none the less. That bridge is just top though. I love the intonatable wrap around idea.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Are these ZM SEs going to be full depth like the Akesson or SC245, or like the Mikael sig (thinner)?

The Zack Myers sig is full thickness like the SE 245s. I played the prototype that we gave Zach and it was sooooooo rad!!! Just sounds, plays, and looks great!! The 245 pickups are one of my favorites and I really like our stoptail with the adjustable saddles. This guitar crushes!!!! TRUST ME!!

obZenity

bwow-duh-da-dow
Reaction score
The Zack Myers sig is full thickness like the SE 245s. I played the prototype that we gave Zach and it was sooooooo rad!!! Just sounds, plays, and looks great!! The 245 pickups are one of my favorites and I really like our stoptail with the adjustable saddles. This guitar crushes!!!! TRUST ME!!

When are they coming out!? Its killin me already

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
any news on these? that Zack Myers dude really knocked it out of the park with his sig, it really looks beyond amazing.

ive been wondering, does PRS go to namm, or they just do their own event, the prs experience thing?

absolutorigin

Reaction score
any news on these? that Zack Myers dude really knocked it out of the park with his sig, it really looks beyond amazing.

ive been wondering, does PRS go to namm, or they just do their own event, the prs experience thing?

They go to Namm as well as having their own event. Their Namm booth is usually always in the same spot and they have some demo spaces reserved in the upper floors.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
PRS unveils new finishes for SE Floyd Custom

PRS%20SE%20Floyd%20Custom%2024%20169-630-80.jpg

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
G
R
E
E
N
:hbang:

if they release the standard SE24 with that finish i would have a hard time NOT buying it, but the floyd...

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Those Floyd Custom 24s look killer, but man, that Zach Myers. Semi-hollow, wide fat neck, and birds? I might have to get another 6 string this year.

')