NEW PRS's for 2014

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld

Reaction score
The color is a little lighter in person then in this picture. These guitars are seriously awesome. I'm going to be getting one myself and I see it becoming my #1 guitar.

I love that color. I feel the urge to buy one just to match my Trampas Green Custom 24 :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Completely random question bump, but does anyone figure that they'd do a maple neck w/an ebony board on a custom 24 outside of artist package given that it's standard on the Floyd model? I want those two things, but not if they come attached to a guitar with a Floyd...

gforce54

Touring Car Champion
Reaction score
I was sure that I was going to get a S2 custom 24, but with the S2 22 and singlecut I don't know if I'll be able to choose. Come on PRS, why you make my life so hard? I might just go with the 24 and throw in a USA bridge and the new \m/ pickups. Although, I don't think I'd have to change the singlecut's bridge. Balls, back at square one.

PF Chang

Reaction score
PRS has released the same stuff over and over more than AC/DC has.

absolutorigin

Reaction score
Anyone know what finish is used on that blue bass with the maple FB they have displayed in the NAMM booth? I assume it's a private stock color, but....

...it will be mine.

149310_10152791120190639_2063049420_n.jpg

That one? It seemed to look very similar to Blue Slate Glow(which it might be) in person. Absolutely fantasmic finish!

DSC_0086_zps74f1d3c0.jpg

url

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well it's different this year. :lol: They have both a PRS and PRS SE Custom 24 as production instruments.

protest

Reaction score
That one? It seemed to look very similar to Blue Slate Glow(which it might be) in person. Absolutely fantasmic finish!

DSC_0086_zps74f1d3c0.jpg

I saw that one a while back, and there's just so much win in that thing.

I've been thinking of getting a Tom Anderson in a similar finish. I can't decide between that, something like a Violet Glow, or some form of Anderson's Arctic Blue...Saving for an Anderson is going to give me a lot of time to think about it though haha.

Just for reference (and cause purdy):

Aqua Violet Glow

IMG_0513.jpg

Arctic Blue Burst

05,28,2010_06-33-28.jpg

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Besides the Torero, when's the last time you could buy a Floyd-equipped PRS outside of an artist package?

Core wise with the exception of the NS? Never - not even in an artist package. PRS made a few limited runs for dealers over the years, but it was never something regular for production. Any guitar outside of those runs and special one offs were either done through PTC or are private stock. Paul does NOT like floyds so this model is actually kind of a big deal :2c:

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
I never thought I would ever buy an Asian-built guitar anymore (enough high-end guitars), but the Zach Myers definitely makes it hard on me...
Unique set of specs!

Does anyone known if the bridge on the ZM SE allows Graphtec (or other company) piezo saddles. That would make it perfect!

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I never thought I would ever buy an Asian-built guitar anymore (enough high-end guitars), but the Zach Myers definitely makes it hard on me...
Unique set of specs!

Does anyone known if the bridge on the ZM SE allows Graphtec (or other company) piezo saddles. That would make it perfect!

I was the same way - and please, DONT be me. Play one and compare the tone/feel/look to the cost. Now after years of writing them off, my main gigging guitars are 2 SE-7s and I love them.
You would need a whole bridge from Graphtech which they make, it would just be a little leg work on your part.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
WOAH! That Zach Meyers looked like a USA PRS at first! Holy crap that looks amazing.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
Why oh why did you have to post this guitar! I have never seen this before and never wanted something so bad before! :realmad:]

Any more pics of this guitar or a link for me to drool over??? :)

I think its this one. I saw it a while back and fell in love, but it says sold :lol: I dont think PRS uses this color very often.

PRS Private Stock 2895 Custom 24 Blue Green Smoked Burst

166093-1.jpg

EDIT: nvm, the color is the same, but its not the same guitar. Missed the little switches at first.

')