NEW PRS's for 2014

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Finally! I've been waiting for a PRS I can afford with a Floyd that wasn't the Torero. I'm so happy.

74612f36fb0b21afb88c64be7fb22f33.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
does someone have a mop? I just saw the floyds and had multiple bodily malfunctions and I find myself in a bit of a mess.

Now if only they would make an S2 with either a fixed bridge or a floyd, I would get me a new PRS.

Knyas

Reaction score
I welcome it, but it's hardly exciting is it? A Black SE Singlecut with Star inlays.

SeanSan

Reaction score
Boring.

I'd still buy it since I'm a Marty Friedman fanboy. :lol: It's probably a solid workhorse guitar too though! And I'm okay with that. I dig the stars too!

asfeir

Reaction score
Looks like the old tremonti se! These are amazing guitars and they only need minor changes to challenge the top guitars like a but change/tuners and pickups.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
^Anyone else notice the oddly shaped/heavily scooped lower bout? No doubt for easier upper fret access.

Reaction score
I'm glad there is a Marty Friedman sig....i'm sad that it's basically a Tremonti with star inlays. I was kinda hoping they'd expand the acoustic line this year as well.

obZenity

bwow-duh-da-dow
Reaction score
I really really want this. . .

http://www.prsguitars.com/sezachmyers/#

I love everything about it. The color, style, bridge (had one on my Akesson), the semi-hollow is neat, unfinished fat neck. I hate the damn band but this thing is awesome. Now I need to decide if I want to be unique and drop these extra Black Winters into it or save up for some Blackhawks.

When are these due out. . . I need the Zach Myers sig in my lap

JoshuaVonFlash

SSBRO.org regular
Reaction score
Yep the best SE model so far, this is what I wanted from the SE line from the start. The looks of a $2,000 PRS but with a Veneered top to keep the cost down since they don't use the more expensive woods on the SE's. And it looks like they top is finally arched/beveled.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep the best SE model so far, this is what I wanted from the SE line from the start. The looks of a $2,000 PRS but with a Veneered top to keep the cost down since they don't use the more expensive woods on the SE's. And it looks like they top is finally arched/beveled.

They've done the carved/beveled veneer tops for a while now, actually. I think that started back in like 2011 or 2012 IIRC. :) Definitely an improvement as far as I'm concerned too! :agreed: They started with adding the birds, then putting the carved top on there as well helped a lot to make it a little bit closer to the real thing as that part of the PRS aesthetic was something a lot of folks missed from the SE lineup. :)

')