New rack gear: advice needed on simple loop/patch switcher

• Thread starter NickVicious24
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently acquired myself some new rack gear for my Diezel setup.

Pron:

IMG20140406162606.jpg

The setup is fairly simple, there is an Gmajor 2 in the loop of the Diezel DMoll which is controlled via midi (FCB1010).
The Diezel is completely Midi compatible so the channel switching is also done by the FCB1010.

Now.. the above works perfectly, but...

In front of the amp (in the rack drawer) I have an Tubescreamer and a ISP decimator. These are for boosting and gating channel 2 (crunch) and channel 3 (lead). What i'm missing is a way to take these two stompboxes (which are ON all the time) out of the chain when I switch to channel 1 (clean).

I've already done some extensive research on this forum and on other sites, but the main solutions I found are either way to over capable (8 loops, channel switching etc etc) and thus to expensive in comparison to what I need.

So.. Is there a small and simple unit in the market that can hold 2 pedals in its loop and is midi operable?

Thanks for the effort and hope to hear from u guys,

Cheers

Nick Z.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
That Wobo looks sweet!

Another (more expensive) option would be to sell off the G Major2 and FCB controller and buy a used G System.

The effects module of the G System can be removed and rack mounted, and it has three loops for pedals that can be assigned per preset. Same effects as the G Major, but with true bypass loops and a built-in controller. The foot controller part controls the effect module via a CAT5 cable, then the module can send out a midi signal to the D-Moll for channel switching.

')