New raffle ideas?

• Thread starter ecalcagnino
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
I may have a new raffle coming up but we're supposed to be bringing our new bundle of joy home today so maybe a Feb. one. Any ideas? Under $200 is a good price point, what's too much for "tickets", etc...

It should be something everone can use like 30 sets of strings, a nice pedal (Radial), pups, hmm, I have a beater refined Jem body and Edge :)

How about a great REALISTIC wishlist thread for this with some input about what you guys would cough up for a chance. All proceeds will go directly to a charity. I will typically go with the ASPCA, Humane Society or other animal related orgs... or the Human Fund :).

Seriously, any good ideas are welcome. Please don't clutter this thread with the" how about a 7620" bs. :fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Under $200? Strings is a good idea, if you let the people pick the strings, since strings are a pretty personal thing. Maybe the X2N-7 if you're going to have some soon, maybe even a pair, a lot of people here have posted interest in those in the thread here about them.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Bad Horsie(II) was the worst wah I ever owned. I'd love to win a nice lot of strings myself, and maybe a Blaze Custom :)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: I don't think we're going to get the entire site to agree on a single pedal, pickup, type of strings... So maybe a free pickup of the winner's choice? That'd be all the more cool if you could start dealing SD's - I'm itching to try a Jazz neck. :agreed:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Further thought - I was thinking maybe a 1527 would be a badass raffle, but while you could probably cover it @ $20 a ticket (I'd gladly drop 20 for a shot at a free guitar of that quality - I'm assuming $800 as the margin point, so 40 tickets to break even), you're not going to generate much money to donate, probably... :/

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Further thought - I was thinking maybe a 1527 would be a badass raffle, but while you could probably cover it @ $20 a ticket (I'd gladly drop 20 for a shot at a free guitar of that quality - I'm assuming $800 as the margin point, so 40 tickets to break even), you're not going to generate much money to donate, probably... :/

He'd make as much money to donate as he normally makes on a 1527 since it's his retail. But if he charges $25 x 40, that's an extra 200 bucks on top of his normal margin. I have no idea what whole sale on a 1527 is, so this is all assumption. That's if he sells that many tickets...hell, I'd probably buy 2 tickets at 25 for a chance at a 1527. Maybe even a chance to win like a 100-200 gift certificate to his site would be a bit more realistic though. I'm sure there's something for everyone at the site that it could be spent on.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
a gallon of penis lube! ...er, guitar oil :)

what about guitar cables? or, a speaker cabinet? i know those Avatar 2x12 cabs go for about $240 brand new.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
For what it's worth, it's tough to pick one thing everyone would want, so how 'bout a 200.00 gift certificate?

As for what people will pay, they raffled a JEM7VWH at Jemfest. We finally agreed on $50 per ticket, and I forget how much was raised but it was like 1400.00. Kevan would know the exact amount.

Digital Black

Reaction score
Minimal. 12 sets of strings or a new set of pickups ( neck and bridge)

Max--- Find someone or yourself donate a nice used 7 string. Something a little rare perhaps. I'm sure most people would take a shot for no more than 60 to 70 bucks..

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
So maybe a free pickup of the winner's choice?
that said... I'd like a custom 20 string, quadripple humbucker that has an active passive switch and can give me emotional support when my feelings are hurt;).

That would be awesome. I could probably put $20 in for a ticket. Especailly if it's for a donation to contribute to something.

For under $200... a bad horsie would be sweet. Um... a tremol-no? whenever it comes out? I think a lot of people would like one, although I have no clue how much Kevan has the price set at... a cheap beater 7 string to fix up would work for me... strings, yes, we all need strings! haha.

ecalcagnino

\mm/
Contributor
Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:
As for what people will pay, they raffled a JEM7VWH at Jemfest. We finally agreed on $50 per ticket, and I forget how much was raised but it was like 1400.00. Kevan would know the exact amount.

I certainly wouldn't mind doing a nice guitar (an RG7CT anyone? :metal: ) but the thing is, $1400 doesn't even cover cost on a 7V. That's one thing I'm worried about is making sure cost is covered. But I have been thinking about it a little...

Maybe if there was a stipulation added to the raffle that a certain min. amount of chances need to be sold to carry out the raffle or your money back kinda thing. All by a certain date.

If we could seriously drum up a min. of 30 people willing to donate $50 toward a near mint RG7CT I would almost certainly do it. THAT would be a nice donation for someone.

Thoughts?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd certainly be in on that, but keep in mind that paypal takes a cut of each $50 sent in, so if you're refunding you'd have to be up front that the refund is minus the paypal fee both ways.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:
I certainly wouldn't mind doing a nice guitar (an RG7CT anyone? :metal: ) but the thing is, $1400 doesn't even cover cost on a 7V. That's one thing I'm worried about is making sure cost is covered. But I have been thinking about it a little...

Maybe if there was a stipulation added to the raffle that a certain min. amount of chances need to be sold to carry out the raffle or your money back kinda thing. All by a certain date.

If we could seriously drum up a min. of 30 people willing to donate $50 toward a near mint RG7CT I would almost certainly do it. THAT would be a nice donation for someone.

Thoughts?

I'm sorry, I wasn't suggesting that you raffle a guitar. I was just trying to give you a retail price : ticket price ratio.

I truly don't remember how much was raised in the JEM raffle (it may have $2,000. Kevan would know), and that guitar was donated by Ibanez whereas yours would be out of your own pocket.

I seriously think you should just do a gift certificate. That way, if someone is in the market for a CT, they can apply the money toward the guitar and make up the difference or whatever.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
ecalcagnino said:

Thoughts?

Yeah. That you're the only guy I know who could raffle a CT and not miss it. :lol:

I have to rework my budget a bit (car payments, etc) so I can't say for certain, but I suppose if push came to shove I could quit drinking for a couple weeks and not miss the $50 for a shot at one of those things... ;) I do agree with ken, though, that an Eric's Guitars gift certificate would be a more practical alternative, for now anyway.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
A good supply of some 7-string set guitar strings and maybe a polish kit would be cool. :yesway:

Definately the guitar polish kit. :D

')