New Ray Riendeau (Halford/James LaBrie) track with fretless guitar playthrough

• Thread starter Fountainhead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fountainhead

Reaction score
Ray Riendeau (Halford/James LaBrie/Star Monarchy) has released a new instrumental track a couple of days ago:
The Conservation of Angular Momentum | Ray Riendeau

featuring:
Ray Riendeau - bass
Danny Handler - drums
and yours truly - fretless guitar

I also did a full playthrough video for the guitar parts while recording the track:

Hope you guys dig!
:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alimination

Space Adventurer
Reaction score
Wow! very cool! I'm very big on Ray glad he's doing some new stuff.

I hear a lot of vai in your playing man. Nice work. Must be exiting working with him.

Fountainhead

Reaction score
@Alimination:
it´s not quite clear wether Ray´s shooting for another full-length CD or rather various digital stand-alone pieces like this one. I guess it depends on the sales of these digital singles. This one is the third in a row and now he´s doing the new LaBrie record as his priority.

As far the Vai-influence: I take that as a big compliment, so thanks! :cool:
I do get that alot and I honestly think it´s just because we both look for inspiration outside of western blues-based music and guitar-based music and phrasing. To me, that´s about the only similarity. That being said, I love the guy´s playing!

wankerness

Reaction score
A big part of why you're probably getting Vai comparisons too is that the fretless playing sounds like Vai doing one of his many really whammy-heavy solos, which are what I always thought really makes him stand out from most of the other "shredders." It's a great sound, I definitely like it.

')