New Red Seas Fire EP

• Thread starter bhakan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Checking it out. Finally time to test whether success in djent is linked to the number of blackmachines owned by band.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Butterscotch

Reaction score
I finally got a listen and OH MY GOD this EP is too good. It is just too good. I cannot wait for the other two! When I get some money I am definitely throwing what I can at Petey n' the Gang.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
Glad to see the vocal got better, especially singing. He sounds a hell of a lot more powerful. The only thing is the harsh vocals are really...I'm not sure how to put it but not up to par, although it's much better than the debut. I do miss the approach that Nolly definitely brought to the table (I know Petey G is more of a hardcore type of player/fan than Nolly who would be more metal, and it definitely shows). All in all this EP really surprised me, I really dig it. I do think they should get another guitarist though, Nolly's absence definitely shows

Khoi

Reaction score
an incredible EP, it really shows how diverse they can sound. I love every song! Of Motion definitely needs to be longer, or maybe a longer feature on the album? :)

Housty00

Reaction score
The harsh vocals kill it for be, but the cleans are exellent. I'm disappointed with "Of Motion" though. The teaser for it was beautiful and I was really looking forward to that song, but it translated poorly in the album version. Still a nice song, though.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Here's the YT stream for those who can't wait for the download to finish

Listening now, I dig it

Khoi

Reaction score
I need the tabs to Turner & Hooch. Or at least the tuning? Anyone have any idea?

riffmadness

"Badum tss"
Reaction score
Great EP! I aboslutely love Of Motion, I feel that Robin has found his voice in thi track. Totally wish it was longer

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
Going to assume you posted their new song since I can't see any content in your post....

I love the ambient stuff, but it sounded kind if meh to me overall. The intro sounded like a Cancer Bats song and was a bit repetitive, especially with this vocal style. Still waiting to hear the song they played when they introduced their new drummer...that was a killer track.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
I think it's too monotone so far. Granted I've only listened to it twice so far, and the verse background stuff is killer, it's just the package as a whole doesn't move anywhere. They know their groove and their ambience, but it's just the main riff is not that interesting and their vocals isn't bangin' either on the agressive parts.

I really hope the rest of the new EP/album is going to redeem that!

')