New Red Seas Fire track online! (The Recovery, Groove/Electro/Prog metal content)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
This. :D I need to learn The Recovery and Turbulence. :metal:

They need to be done first. Pete and I having lots of problems with both Guitar Pro 5 and 6 recently. Very difficult and frustrating to work with, which isn't helping us get them done.

PeteyG

Big Bear
Reaction score
Wait you're doing official tabs? :woot:

Yeah we are, we both study transcription at our college, and we've both been reading music since we were much much younger, so may as well do them.

They need to be done first. Pete and I having lots of problems with both Guitar Pro 5 and 6 recently. Very difficult and frustrating to work with, which isn't helping us get them done.

Also not good seeing that we have transcription coursework coming up in the next few weeks.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
I've just knocked an old tab of The Recovery into shape. This isn't representative of the detail the official tabs will have, just something for you guys to work on if you want :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/790683/RSF/Tabs/The Recovery.gpx

Apologies for any glitches or errors, I was surprised Guitar Pro stayed open long enough for me to get through the changes I made.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score

Also not good seeing that we have transcription coursework coming up in the next few weeks.

Ahh, ok. No rush, then. :yesway: I'll just not be lazy and use my ear to learn most of what I can from them. :) I know! :idea: I'll rewatch the ustream videos and watch your hands to see what they're doing, plus I love watching those videos. :D

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Ahh, ok. No rush, then. :yesway: I'll just not be lazy and use my ear to learn most of what I can from them. :) I know! :idea: I'll rewatch the ustream videos and watch your hands to see what they're doing, plus I love watching those videos. :D

Look one post above ;)

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
I've just knocked an old tab of The Recovery into shape. This isn't representative of the detail the official tabs will have, just something for you guys to work on if you want :)

Apologies for any glitches or errors, I was surprised Guitar Pro stayed open long enough for me to get through the changes I made.

Could you make a GP5 file, please? :D

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score

Shame your having troubles, but thanks a bunch for tabs! When you do GP6 tabs, do you know if they will be backwards compatible with GP5?

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Could you make a GP5 file, please? :D

Unfortunately I literally can't - GP5 crashes the moment I open it :noway:

Pry, it doesn't seem like GP6 is backwards compatible.

I was about to export the tab as a .pdf but now GP6 won't open either. Fucking Arobas..

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score

I was about to export the tab as a .pdf but now GP6 won't open either. Fucking Arobas..

ARGH! i need a gp5. well, take your time because i am sure you are a busy man. just don't forget.
or i will find you.
:lol:

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score

You suck. Get ran on.

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
Ah nice looking tab work there, it's rare to find stuff logically and thoughtfully tabbed out in terms of presentation.

I personally haven't had any issues with GP6 on Mac 10.6 or XP though. Odd. GP5 was a nightmare on the Mac for me though, it would always crash.

With regards to pdfs, I think GP6's rendering is different to the File > Print > Save as .pdf function that's inbuilt with the Mac in most programs. I've found sometimes one is better than the other.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Ah nice looking tab work there, it's rare to find stuff logically and thoughtfully tabbed out in terms of presentation.

I personally haven't had any issues with GP6 on Mac 10.6 or XP though. Odd. GP5 was a nightmare on the Mac for me though, it would always crash.

With regards to pdfs, I think GP6's rendering is different to the File > Print > Save as .pdf function that's inbuilt with the Mac in most programs. I've found sometimes one is better than the other.

Thanks mate, once I get through these issues I'll set about making it all pretty.

If you don't mind, I would be very grateful if you could export the tab as a .pdf and email it to me at nolly@redseasfire.co.uk so I can host it. Right now GP6 crashes the moment I attempt to open the file.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
sweet I just waited 45 minutes for the GP6 demo to download, and lo and behold, you can't open files with it.

Excellent.

I guess ill just buy it.

matty2fatty

Reaction score
Wow, this is the best drum mix I've heard from anyone on this site since I've been around, I love the bass drum

Status
Not open for further replies.
')