New Red Seas Fire track online! (The Recovery, Groove/Electro/Prog metal content)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Nolly-

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hey guys, a proposition: if anyone does a youtube cover of the Recovery solo I'll give them a free lesson!
Anyone game?

Unless someone else wants to, I'll put up all these pdfs into Gp5, I'll do it anyway for myself.

Oh man, that would be epic boredom, but I'm sure people would appreciate it :metal:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Haha, okay, as soon as I'm done tabbing and learning this, I'm going to youtube, it, this is a double bonus for me as I was looking for something to cover on youtube for some competition, all I know is, if I kick ass, I get 3gs, I'm down.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, a proposition: if anyone does a youtube cover of the Recovery solo I'll give them a free lesson!
Anyone game?

I'm up for it, I'm re-arranging all my equipment at the moment so I'll need a few days

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
If you could throw the backing track my Nolly that'd be great. I've learnt the solo and just need to find a decent way of recording it. Macbook webcam probably. Maybe there's a way of recording video in Logic that way.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Fred: Fucking awesome work!

Mark, I'll chuck it over in about an hour. If you run Logic and iMovie simultaneously, you can record the audio in Logic and then sync it up with the video in iMovie :)

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
First! ...maybe. I tried uploading to YouTube but it came out with no sound whatsoever, so I've DropBoxed it instead, it's only a 16.5MB file. My vibrato could've been a bit better at the end, but other than that it's totally perfect in every possible way... :p

Guitar is my Fender American Deluxe Strat, and I can assure you it's a gorgeous teal green colour and not the blue it looks to be in the vid. That's a result of my G-Star Rawness t-shirt and the camera quality. Sound is just a preset in Guitar Rig 4 that sounded fairly appropriate.

Edit: Re-encoded the audio channel in the file and now it works fine in YouTube. :D

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
First! ...maybe. I tried uploading to YouTube but it came out with no sound whatsoever, so I've DropBoxed it instead, it's only a 16.5MB file. My vibrato could've been a bit better at the end, but other than that it's totally perfect in every possible way... :p

Guitar is my Fender American Deluxe Strat, and I can assure you it's a gorgeous teal green colour and not the blue it looks to be in the vid. That's a result of my G-Star Rawness t-shirt and the camera quality. Sound is just a preset in Guitar Rig 4 that sounded fairly appropriate.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1672836/Red_Seas_Fire_The_Recovery_Guitar_Solo_Cover_Mark_Peskett.mov

i was just finishing learning this! :realmad: haha. i would like to demand a retraction of his video because its not youtube hahaha.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
If someone could help me out it'd be great, I need to change the BPM in one part of the song, but I have no clue how to change it so it doesn't affect the whole song on GP5, will rep for help of course ;)

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
If someone could help me out it'd be great, I need to change the BPM in one part of the song, but I have no clue how to change it so it doesn't affect the whole song on GP5, will rep for help of course ;)

0_1425_sz_1_i_150796_00.gif

On this picture, bottom right, a slider going from green to red. Next to the text and chord diagram buttons.
http://d.imagehost.org/0809/0_1425_sz_1_i_150796_00.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
')