New RG7620 Swirl

• Thread starter movingpictures
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
That does look pretty cool, but I prefer the normal Steve Vai colours of pinks, greens and yellows. Decal looks a little of center on the headstock but overall you did a fantastic job!

Ruins

Reaction score

Thanks!! See the video that is posted earlier in the thread, for a basic idea. I finish my bodies in white prior to swirl, as opposed to the green in the video.

The swirl is not the hard part however, its the clearcoat. 2 part poly, which is wetsanded through several grades, then machine buffed, hand polished. THATS a finish!!
thanks guys

movingpictures

Reaction score
That does look pretty cool, but I prefer the normal Steve Vai colours of pinks, greens and yellows. Decal looks a little of center on the headstock but overall you did a fantastic job!

Heres one i did last year. Was a UV7 (black/green pickguard)....
DSCF0719.jpg

DSCF0734.jpg

Stuart

Reaction score
Holy crap, you have a bucket shaped like a guitar?! Thats so \M/

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks great. The most interesting swirl I've seen for quite some time. And the finish is very good.

Stuart

Reaction score
I would love to know what sort of tonal quality you would get from such an instrument. Looks are nice, but tone is quite something else.

movingpictures

Reaction score
Nice lava swirl on the first one, like bubbling up from the gates of hell! :agreed:

This one is more like mine! :yesway: Did you do the neck pyramids?

Thanks! The owner bought a MC neck from somewhere, and replaced the origional.

I would love to know what sort of tonal quality you would get from such an instrument. Looks are nice, but tone is quite something else.

If you have Eric Johnson ears, you MIGHT be able to tell the diff between a Poly finish and a Laquer finish. On these guitars(ibanez), they sound the same as the factory finish....

FortePenance

Reaction score
Orange is an excellent colour. Get some orange cabs and orange heads to boot.

Great job on refin mang.

deathmaster213

Reaction score
Awesome job, I much prefer the colours to most swirls I've seen. A guy I know hadhis Maverick refinished in White with pink swirls... looks like sweets!

movingpictures

Reaction score
Heres the one for you then! Its ONLY a 6 string though...
DSCF1925.jpg

DSCF1928.jpg

Awesome stuff man. I still keep thinking of just having a guitar swirled with colours that'll make people feel ill, just for amusement :D

That ot a simple green black one, as I've always liked how those colours go together :p

')