New Rick Toone 8 string

• Thread starter StevenC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Enselmis

Reaction score
Not even remotely impressed with that demo. Looks like a stunning instrument though. Considering the people who play these things, they probably could have found somebody who seems like they've actually held an 8 string before.

JP Universe

Giggity
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet rig and this is probably the first Toone that I've liked but damn that was some horrible playing :ugh: Oh wait…. thank god he's playing clean now, this will sound a bit better…. hmmm no

4:10 :rofl:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
It bothers me how absolutely massive Rick's bridges are. I much prefer the strandberg bridge.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
I dug it....cool rig, absolute beast of a guitar. Could have found someone more in tune with playing 8s, but whatever. If it sounds that good with that guy playing it, it'd sound incredible with someone decent at the helm. I wanna touch it.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I really want better pictures of the back.

It's really, really neat though.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
hahahaha "hmmm...wtf do i do now"

Ha, that's some poor editing. But seriously, the guitar is awesome, and the guy's clearly not a bad player. It's hard finding good 8-string players and most would probably do a bunch of low djenty recycled Meshuggah stuff which ...yea, would let me know how the 8th string sounds...but is equally as unenlightening about the guitar overall...

I really, really need to try that neck!

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
That guitar looks super awesome, but I feel like the camera audio doesn't give us a really good grasp of how it sounds.

At least from that demo, we know that it's got some good... sustain. xD

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
When I saw the hair and beard, my knee-jerk reaction was Guthrie. His playing answered that pretty quickly, though. :lol:

It's a cool-looking guitar, but that pickup placement honestly seems to kill a lot of its potential. Even for styles other than metal, everything he played on the lower end sounded completely like a bass. Maybe that's what Rick was going for, but I don't get it. :shrug:

downburst82

Reaction score
That is probably the nicest toone I've seen!

The demo video :noway:

- Audio is terrible
- Lose the "warehouse" lighting and A.D.D camera work.. I just want to see the guitar
- They definitely could have found someone better to demo it (this guy sounds like me on an 8 string....and no guitar maker is their right mind would want me demoing 8 strings :lol:)

.....but seriously that is a BEAUTIFUL guitar! :bowdown:

mag8

Reaction score
5 fingers and still the dude plays like Django...

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
While not the worst demo I've seen, it's pretty on the "what the hell am I supposed to do with this?" side of things, which doesn't really help, of course.

Zsharp

Reaction score
The tone is horrible, not sure if it's the $10,000 guitar, or the $5,000 rig but somewhere something went wrong haha

')