NEW Riff+Apocalypse Now/Meshuggah clean thingy (tonetest)

• Thread starter FourFour
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
You aren't tuned low enough for that kind of Meshuggah riffing, IMO :lol: The clean part was cool but some drums would have helped, something that didn't follow the guitars and had a bit of a buildup to give some depth to it would have been cool. all in all it sounded pretty good but the distorted guitars were somewhat thin.

Reaction score
lol finally...I thought no one was gonna comment.

Too lazy to downtune my guitar, has a lo-pro on it. It does sound kinda wacky to me too haha.

The clean part was like recorded in 1 take, random noodling, to showcase the tone. I'll work on it.

As for the thinness, I dunno bout that although I agree that there's definitely room for improvement.

Thanks for the feedback, man!

P.S. Slampop, ShreddyESP, Lordhines42 where are you? I need your opinion!:wavey: Other tonemeisters on this board feel free to comment too.:yesway:

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
i liked it man! As mentioned, maybe tune it down alittle extra, but...still it rocks with the tuning you do now as well. The tone itself sounds verry good and heavy!

ShreddyESP

Limit Zero
Reaction score
Djent was nice! Clean tone could be better! Not sure how, but im sure you'll do something great!

Reaction score
Hey guys,

ShreddyESP, yea the clean tone is kinda rough. I'll try to improve it. Hows your exams, man?

Kalevala, forgot to mention you, dude haha:wallbash:. Tuning down to F is kinda problematic for me, my guitar is 27" scale and I'd have to go above .70 to get enough tension and I've tried huge strings like .80 and I don't really like em'. Too fat I think. Anyways, glad you liked the tone.

Thanks for the feedback, dudes. I appreciate it.

Reaction score
Hey Coryd and Apophis, thanks for the feedback.

Anybody notice this weird honky kinda vibe to the tone? I don't really know how to describe but I don't like it. I think I'm gonna scrap this patch. Work on a new one.

btw I was trying to nail the Re-nothing/obZen tone. Back to work I guess.

Anyways, thanks for the comments guys!

Plankis

Reaction score
I don't dig this kind of hollow/cold guitartone. Some stereo delay on the clean would've been nice.

Really liked your kick. The snare could be a bit louder.

Tone test it is. Nothing special songwise imo. wierd outro..

Reaction score
Yea man, I'm working on a new tone.

I like the outro actually haha, I love this kinda weird trippy shit.

Starting riff is kinda meh, I agree. Like I said, it's lame-ass :lol:.

Thanks for listening, dude!

HANIAK

Reaction score
The title is awesome :lol:
I think the clean parts would improve a lot if you stereo them. I mean, record some lower parts on one track, than high parts on another and pan them.

Reaction score
Yes, the title is awesome.:lol:

Thanks for the suggestion, I plan to do that too.

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
Sounds like a cold bleak winter ... very desolate and empty sounding. Empty as in feeling wise, not tone or playing wise. reminds me of mulholland drive, the movie.

Reaction score
I sound like a David Lynch movie? Awesome! Thanks, dude.

"Sounds like a cold bleak winter ... very desolate and empty sounding." That's something I can aim for haha, thanks for the inspiration.

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
oh snap dude, i didn't know you had posted anything new, hahaha.

i think it sounds really good man, especially the clean tone you were messing with. the drums punch nicely as well. tune lower next time though because the tone might work better lower rather than change the tone, ya know, cause i think the tone is pretty decent as is! sweet deals my man. :metal:

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
it sounds like you're using the boost+FX in front of the bigbottom amp sim. am i right? i think you should give the tubescreamer a try instead of the boost+FX to get rid of the 'quack' on the tone which makes the tone a bit thin, imo.

otherwise, you're on the right track as far as i can judge :yesway:

Reaction score
Yea I think I'll tune lower next time, Slampop. If I remember correctly, you said you used a .54 for F? How's that working out for you man? Is it tight enough? I need to figure out a nice gauge for F.

loktide- I'm actually using the "criminal" model :cool:. I always thought that the TS was more quacky than the boost+eq. I dunno...maybe your right. I'll definitely give it a shot because I'm still working on this tone. Thanks for your suggestion dude.:yesway:

')