New Rig Day (My Post Axe-FX II Rig)! Mesa & Bogner Content!

DC23

Reaction score
So, for the last couple of years I have been an Axe FX user. I picked up an Ultra a couple of years back and it replaced my Marshall (JCM 2000 TSL 100) and my Mesa (Triple Rec and Roadster). I ran the Ultra through a traditional cab setup (Mesa 2x12s and an Art SLA2) and had a lot of fun!

After news of the II dropped, I sold my Ultra and my cabs so I could fund the II brand new from FAS. Now this is definitely my personal opinion, but I was never really thrilled with the II. Now, I know the II is a marvellous device (and I know it is capable of exquisite tones), but for me, I couldn't justify the price because I found I really enjoyed my Ultra (and I didn't the II was worth $1000+ more than my II was). I also found that I spent more time tweaking and fiddling with advanced parameters and EQs than I did playing....so I finally got fed up. I sold my II and I bought my current rig...

Introducing...my Mesa Mark V head and my Bogner OS 2x12 cab! Sounds glorious and for the first time in a long time, I am getting awesome tones easily, and I am excited and inspired to play!

photo-4.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mark series amps are just gorgeous amps and can do a variety of tones.

Congrats :yesway:

Nick

Reaction score
yeah i love my MK V even though its got a stupid amount of options switches and modes you cant get a bad sound out it!

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Congrats! I used to have one, one of the only one of the amps I've owned that I genuinely miss

Cameron Himself

Reaction score
Good decision man! Axe FX's are great, but I'd take an 'amp' over one any day. I love having mine around, but I wouldn't want to only have an Axe.

DC23

Reaction score
Why does every MARK V picture on the internet have Petrucci master EQ settings?

Lol. I bought the V used so those were the settings of the previous owner. I didn't have a chance to fool around with the EQ, just played the channels and fooled around with some modes!

that short guy

Reaction score
This is just me speaking, and my opinion, the Axe Fx unit are great... but they'll never beat the real thing. Congrats on the new rig.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice rig!
If I ever go back to "tubes" the Mark V is what I'm getting.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Congrats on the head man! I miss mine. I never got into the Petrucci way of using the eq, I was very happy with the extreme mode with the preset turned on.

74455fb3.jpg

TheProgWay

Reaction score
Why does every MARK V picture on the internet have Petrucci master EQ settings?

Usually because petrucci uses a shape similar to the classic Mesa Mark "V" (the alphabet, not the series name 5). Its a fairly generic shape for metal purposes. However, this one isn't as close to his settings from his Mark V video.