New Ron Jarzombek interview

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demeyes

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Cool interview. He seems like a very down to earth guy.

SirToastalot

Needs a better rig..
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, always great hear from Ron. Nice to know a follow up to Blotted Science is still in the works.

Shouldn't that be 'an odd NUMBER of questions' though? :scratch:
Sorry, my grammar stickler phase is kicking in again...

QuambaFu

Reaction score
Ron is awesome. If he and Mattias Eklundh made an album I would just quit playing.

Sacha

Reaction score
It's really too bad guys like Ron, IA, Guthrie etc. get next to fuck all mainstream coverage. Oh boy Guitarworld, another Hendrix cover, YAYYYYY

I mean Hendrix is great and all but come on

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Best thing in that interview is confirmation that there's going to be another Blotted Science disc :hbang:

It's also really cool that he likes Animals As Leaders :hbang:

Ron Jarzombek said:
Another great band I recently got turned on to is Animals As Leaders although I wouldn’t necessarily classify them as death but definitely extreme prog/tech metal.

Dyingsea

Reaction score
His solo in Gordian Knots "Rivers Dancing" is completely freakin' awesome! I had heard little of him before that, now I'm a fan.

QuambaFu

Reaction score
It's really too bad guys like Ron, IA, Guthrie etc. get next to fuck all mainstream coverage. Oh boy Guitarworld, another Hendrix cover, YAYYYYY

I mean Hendrix is great and all but come on

I'm in total agreement! There is an occasional gem of information in there but I really don't need another Satch interview or advert with Zakk Wylde and his mouth wide open like he's yelling angrily.:scream: I like those guys but have they done anything groundbreaking recently? No Tosin Abasi interview or transcriptions as far as I can remember and to me he wrote one of the most important guitar instrumental albums in the last decade. Ok, I got that off my chest. Thanks for listening.

Sorry to go off topic so I'll just say Ron is awesome again!

')