New Rondo 7

• Thread starter wes225
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

haffner1

Reaction score
It would probably be good for a back up guitar. Anything has to be better than my LTD M207.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
It would probably be good for a back up guitar. Anything has to be better than my LTD M207.

I see you got one of the dog ones eh?
Have you taken it in to get its frets done over and get it a setup?

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
Hell, for what it is, with a trem/pup/hardware swap and setup, this could be the cheap man's Loomis. Well, not quite as awesome as a loomis, but still damn good for the money

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I really like how it looks, but the hardware just screams cheap for some reason. I'd definitely pick it up if it was a hardtail and I didn't have to deal with a really cheap trem (though it could actually be decent like the TRS-7:lol:)

Really? I love my M-207, I just love my RG more

haffner1

Reaction score
I see you got one of the dog ones eh?
Have you taken it in to get its frets done over and get it a setup?

I even had Mike Lull is Seattle work on it once, and short of a refret and trem replacement, there is nothing for it. I am not sure if the neck or fingerboard is not true or something, but no matter how I have had it adjusted, I can't get less than 3/16 in. at the 24th fret and still get fret buzz. I can barely use the trem and the tuning is out too. At least I will have my Custom Hornet 7 in another month or so.:hbang:

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Make it to Interceptor specs(ebony board, nicer neck joint) and that would = :bowdown:

But for that price, I'm tempted to get it to have a guitar with a whammy I can dick around with.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I'd definitely take this over a Chibanez (especially considering I think it's illegal to even own one of those). It's probably made about fifteen times better, too.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I saw that in the email recently as well, and it had be a bit confused. "Brushed chrome" tuners and "gold hardware" listed in the specs, and the photo shows chrome. And that body is not solid ash. It looks like agathis with a tamo ash veneer on the top. Triangle inlays and block-style heel FTL. But for $160, it could be a fun project guitar.

RCB

Reaction score
I just now placed in my order for one. Can't wait. I'm kind of scared, but this should be a fun new axe.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Its ash? Awesome. This gives the finger to everything up to around the Conklin Groove tools category, used.

Also, am i the only one that finds it hilarious that they list obvious things a guitar should have as features "Neck with Truss rod!", "Two humbuckers!"

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the listed specs not matching up with the actual specs is a pretty common occurance on the Rondo site.

RCB

Reaction score
I don't think it's ash. Look at the pics.

I think your right.

The top is Ash, but the body looks like basswood, which is still cool.

The trem looks like a very very light "fools gold" color. Guess well find out when I get it.

')