New Rusty Cooley clip !!!

• Thread starter Santuzzo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnFjellstad

hates womanizers.
Reaction score
i like that cooley didn't just use the bar for dive bombs in this clip.
also, anything else i could say in this thread has already been said by jacksonplayer, so go to the first page and read his post. ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shaneroo

Oh, herrrrro......
Forum MVP
Reaction score
hell of a player, hell of a guy.

Wiz

Reaction score
I didn't particularly like him before Outworld, even though his clips were always quite impressive (you know.. 8 string sweeps..). He gained a lot of cred here with the Outworld album, which I've listened to about 100 times and that is still part of my rotation.
The fusiony side of Rusty is definitely something I didn't expect to discover, and I'd be thrilled to see him release an album on the topic. Maybe another Centrifugal Funk.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
He says one of his inspirations and heros pretty much is Shawn Lane, and also I'm sure I've seen mention of Allan Holdsworth so I'd expect them in his playing somewhere.

I agree on the Outworld comment, before I just used his videos to demonstrate how fast people can get on guitar, not so much musicality, but then the Outworld album came out and I was blown away, love that album so much :D

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Rusty owns. I dug the shit out of the beginning of this, but once he really started shredding, I just didn't really feel like he fit the backing, exacty...

Wolfster

Reaction score
Rusty owns. I dug the shit out of the beginning of this, but once he really started shredding, I just didn't really feel like he fit the backing, exacty...

True say.

But as always it was impressive, more so than usual. most of the time when i see his vids i get bored pretty quick.

Wiz

Reaction score
I was watching it again and I realized how unbelievably clean his technique is.. it's unconceivable.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Outworld cd is very good, and his solo album also.

I can listen to him, but his speeds seems to fatigues me.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
I really liked the soul-ful stuff and the beginning. It's the same reason I prefer early Yng. I guess I'm just demanding. I want to hear both the tasty and the technical stuff. I love that "outside" stuff. Kind of reminds me of Shawn Lane or Eddie or something. Just really, really good potential. And I think he will take it all the way.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate Outworld, but DAMN that man can play...

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
Idk, i think he's aware that being one of the fastest known players in metal is what he's known for as opposed to his melody writing. People probably go to see his clinics to solely see him play fast. But I mean still, you can play fast and still be melodic. I wasnt that impressed to be honest- his technique is beautiful but it wasnt tasteful.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I like the slower bits, he sounds more like Lane then with some more abstract phrasing and interesting rhythms, once he speeds up he kinda loses it though. Then again, not even Rusty Cooley is Shawn Lane!

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Sorry to steer into off topic land, but when is his sig guitar coming out?

No on really knows. Apparently the first one has been sold to a member of the public but the guy looked like such a Rusty fanboy (right down to the Outworld t shirt) that Rusty may well have sold him one of his personal guitars just so it looks like the RC7 is on sale! Someone claimed to have seen one in a Sam Ash but could not substantiate it with pics.

No one knows when its really coming out, if ever.

Latest posts

')