New Rusty Cooley clip !!!

• Thread starter Santuzzo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
I..., could literally listen to this dude all day. And from a business perspective I really admire how he is building a brand.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
impressive as hell, yet leaves me no desire to ever hear it again...

I agree with some previous posts, the slower parts were sounding pretty good, with some feel and touch coming through nicely, but the fast parts sound like a bunch of scales and exercises at ludicrous speed.

I'd much rather be able to play half as fast with good touch and feel and a good sense of melody

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
technically impressive. Otherwise, i was feeling a massive :shrug:.

once it started getting really fast, it really didnt even fit with the backing track at all. if he could've worked all that into the backing track better, i'd have been more impressed.

WTF ever, though. I cant play it :lol:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
WTF ever, though. I cant play it :lol:

Yup, that's about it. As much as Rusty needs to learn self-editing, the fact is the guy is an awesome shredder. I just keep waiting for something *more and better* from him. He's got the tools to be one of the alltime greats. And who knows, maybe he's got all kinds of secret tasty recordings hidden away while he wows the YouTube crowd...

Luan

Reaction score
fusion is about chord changes. somebody tell him!

chaztrip

Seeking not Found
Contributor
Reaction score
You know I aspire to play fast..... but that left me feeling hmmmmmmmm empty. He does have chops and technique but get some soul their brother!!!

Luan

Reaction score
I saw this video for the 2nd time, this time I could stand it because I knew it didn't had any other good besides the giants sweeps and things

Santuzzo

Reaction score
"Hi, my name's Rusty...but really I wish it was Shawn Holdsworth...."

So, what's YOUR name, and who would you wish to be, big guy?!:wavey:

I saw this video for the 2nd time, this time I could stand it because I knew it didn't had any other good besides the giants sweeps and things

Tastes differ.

I like it !:agreed:

Svartmetall

Reaction score
So, what's YOUR name, and who would you wish to be, big guy?!:wavey:

Tastes differ.

I like it !:agreed:

Hey, I like it too...Shawn Holdsworth is about about as good as it could get in my book :). It's actually a compliment, I just wish Rusty's influences weren't quite as obvious as they are...

Luan

Reaction score
I think that rusty should jerk off everytime before he plays guitar.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Definately heard the Holdsworth influence in his bar manipulation (@1:56 especially). All in all one of the better Rusty clips i've seen (this coming from a non fan). He seemed to show some restraint, more than usual.

')