NEW S7 Info 2006

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
i just read on the ibanez forum that there is a new S7 coming out in december
it will have a ZR7 bridge which goes from a floating bridge and locks down to be a fixed, there is no color yet though, hopefully its somthing other than just black, other than that thats all i know, and i cant find pics.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
technomancer said:
Hehe I was just about to post that. Hopefully it's a MIJ Prestige... my fingers are crossed...
Yes, that would be awesome. I just don't want those lame-ass wave inlays or some homorific aqua colour.

All hail the Gnome

Reaction score
My sales guy called his Ibanez rep when I started asking him questions about this, the rep didn't seem to know anything about it which for now leads me to believe it's not going to be sold in the States. I have the BP and FM S7's, I'd LOVE to have one with the ZR trem. :yum: Let's hope for the best...

And not to hijack the thread, but he did talk about the possibility of an 8-string production model. (I know, here we go again :squint: ) While he didn't have much to say about the S7, he didn't hesitate to talk about an 8. Like a lot of the Ibanez reps people have talked to, he wouldn't say they "were" going to, but he did say to keep an eye out at the NAMM winter show and check the Ibanez site early to mid January. I'm actually getting my hopes up now. :nono: :hbang:

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
that's awesome news, that osunds so cool. but at the same time i'm a bit bummed, i was hoping for a RGA7

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
You know, that might be interesting indeed, I've heard amazing things about these ZR trems, so it could be awesome to have in a 7.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
I wish it was a hardtail. I'm not the least bit thrilled with the ZR trem. Just doesn't do it for me.

~A

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
For some reason, I like trems, even though I don't use them. I especially love Ibanez trems, they're the best I've ever used tbh.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
I spread the news about the S7 after learning about it from Naren's Loud Park thread. I'm guilty lol.

I have a hunch that ibanez WILL release a S7 in america. The S series has become very popular in metal nowadays and I think Ibanez is just following up on the trend. (lots of newer bands are using 7s today also)

Digital Black

Reaction score
If they kepp that in japan, I'm gonna be seriously pissed. If that happens, I may lead a rally here and flood their customer service...
I mean, it's not like they have to stock each Ibanez store with 10 of em' . Just make availible for order off their webpage-I'll pay the extra if has to be that way..

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
OMFG...

:drool:

I'm hopin and prayin they release that in the US! S7 with ZR7 trem!? SOLD! A 7-string version of the S520EX...

:bowdown:

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty much sold on this, import or export...

if it's a prestige, it couldn't be all that much more than
people are paying for used ones on da bay

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Please God let it br true. An S series seven would be amazing.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm hopefully minus the lame pickup rings that seem to be on all the current S series guitars...

Wow, a stickied thread based on a completely unsubstantiated rumor... cool!

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
OMFG.. Did I read this correctly!? A 7-string version of the Zero Trem!? AWESOME!!!!!!!

...Oh yea.. the S7 will be alright..

Just Kidding! Can't wait till the S7 comes out!

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
technomancer said:
Hmmm hopefully minus the lame pickup rings that seem to be on all the current S series guitars...

Wow, a stickied thread based on a completely unsubstantiated rumor... cool!
Hey now! Naren saw one!

Latest posts

')