NEW S7 Info 2006

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm actually a little more concerned with how you would play the damn thing much less how you'd play suspension bridge strings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Live near a suspension bridge?

Actually with a scale that long, if you wanted to tune it standard, you would need like 0.0000001 gauge strings :lol: It would take a team of people to play it, several people running around fretting, and 1, maybe 2 people picking. If you broke a string you'd be fucked too, it would probably cut people in half. I want one.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Actually with a scale that long, if you wanted to tune it standard, you would need like 0.0000001 gauge strings :lol: It would take a team of people to play it, several people running around fretting, and 1, maybe 2 people picking. If you broke a string you'd be fucked too, it would probably cut people in half. I want one.

Count me in. :lol:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My guess is $599-649 street.

Damn, that puts it on the outer edge of "buy it to fuck around with the trem" range. That's a lot of scratch for an Indonesian guitar...

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Damn, that puts it on the outer edge of "buy it to fuck around with the trem" range. That's a lot of scratch for an Indonesian guitar...

I will say that my guess here is completely uneducated. :lol: The S-series seems to go for a bit more than their RG counterparts, though, so I doubt we'll see it sub-500. I could be absolutely dead wrong, though. :D

Though, didn't someone see one with a price in JPY somewhere?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's 78,700 yen a Ikebe, which is roughly $685. If it's that much and made in Indonesia Ibanez can kiss my ass.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's 78,700 yen a Ikebe, which is roughly $685. If it's that much and made in Indonesia Ibanez can kiss my ass.

Play it first - People said the same thing about Japanese guitars 15 years ago and Korean 5. If the thing smokes, then it's a good guitar no matter where it's from.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Play it first - People said the same thing about Japanese guitars 15 years ago and Korean 5. If the thing smokes, then it's a good guitar no matter where it's from.

:agreed:

I like my korean Washburn, that's for sure!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm judging by the quality of the RG7321s coming out of that factory this year. They're nice after a fret job and hardware replacement. If the new S is a comparable quality level to that they're freaking insane. Also, the odds of a GC getting one of these in is pretty damn slim, so it's unlikely I'll get to play one.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
We're going on the fact that models with a "3" as the second digit are Indonesian made.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Hold on to your hats there people! Whoever received confirmation that the S-7320 is made in Indonesia? I've only heard "suspected" and "maybe" - hell, even Ikebe doesn't know where it's made yet! Personally, I'm guessing it'll be made in Korea together with all the other S-Series guitars and that the 3 in S-7320 is only there to distinguish it from the 400 and 500 series (which are 6-string). Moreover, I think it highly unlikely that Ibanez will ever release an 8-string (even if it would be cool) - I simply don't believe there's a real market for it.

But then again, if anyone has any kind of solid information (i.e. not speculations and guesswork) please let your voice be heard!
We're going on the fact that models with a "3" as the second digit are Indonesian made.
As far as I know, the RGA321 is very much made in Japan, wheras the RG321 is very much made in Indonesia... Moreover, back in the good old days, a 4** S-Series would be made in Japan whilst the regular 6-string RG 4** series was made in Korea... Oh, and the RG7420 was made in Japan as well. Don't ever speak of "Ibanez" and "logic" in the same sentence ;)

Cheers

Eske

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dendroaspis works for a music store in Canada, so he knows that the 8 string is being released, and when it will be available.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Dendroaspis works for a music store in Canada, so he knows that the 8 string is being released, and when it will be available.
Cool! That's all I wanted to know... though I won't personally be getting the 8, I think it's way cool that it'll be out there. Still waiting for concrete info on the S-7320 - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be Korean... I've had too many bad experiences with Indonesian guitars, to consider one.

Cheers

Eske

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
My Indonesian VB-200 is pretty awesome, so don't discount Indonesian guitars as being bad.

Latest posts

')