NEW S7 Info 2006

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
The more pics I see, the more fragile the thing looks. :shrug:
I'm not quite sure what you mean... Which part looks fragile to you? IMHO the ZR-trem looks much more sturdy than the Edge Pro.

Actually, I'm increasingly enthusiastic about the S-7 - I'm positive it'll be Korean... and I just got a great price quote on a guitar refinish (it won't stay black for long in my posession) :hbang:

Unless I try it and hate it, I'll be taking one home with me from Japan in a couple of months time.

Cheers

Eske

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Yup... and I sense a dual PAF7 setup might be just what the doctor ordered. I think mine will end up sparkle green with zebra PUs... Christ - I'm modding the thing before even buying it :lol:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what you mean... Which part looks fragile to you? IMHO the ZR-trem looks much more sturdy than the Edge Pro.

Actually, I'm increasingly enthusiastic about the S-7 - I'm positive it'll be Korean... and I just got a great price quote on a guitar refinish (it won't stay black for long in my posession) :hbang:

Unless I try it and hate it, I'll be taking one home with me from Japan in a couple of months time.

Cheers

Eske

If it's not MIK, than I'll have zero interest. I don't see how you could be positive it's MIK....there's nothing indicating that it would be.

Ryan

Reaction score
If i had to guess, the price. Maybe the midpriced Ibbys are Korean instead of Indo. Wait, then the 1527 wouldnt make sense... i dunno. :shrugs:

Edit: if this is gonna cost almost the same as a 1527, but Ibanez is gonna make it in Indonesia, im gonna have to raise a big eyebrow at them.. They better not be going BC Rich on us..

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
If i had to guess, the price. Maybe the midpriced Ibbys are Korean instead of Indo. Wait, then the 1527 wouldnt make sense... i dunno. :shrugs:

Edit: if this is gonna cost almost the same as a 1527, but Ibanez is gonna make it in Indonesia, im gonna have to raise a big eyebrow at them.. They better not be going BC Rich on us..

The RG1527 is made in Japan because it's a Prestiege model. It used to be that all prestiege models are made in Japan. I think Ibanez have actually started outsourcing one or two Prestiege models, and there's word that they might do that to the RG1527 as well :noway: I'm glad I got one when I did.

So sad as it may be, if Ibanez are willing to outsource the production of a guitar like the RG1527, I wouldn't be surprised if they really did make the S7 in Indonesia. Sad, but true :noway:

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Yup, I am basing my asumption on price: there is just a 10.000yen (around 85$) price difference in RRP between the S-7320 and the Prestige RG1527... it simply has to be Korean to sell at that price! Oh, and the S-7320 is more expensive than both the two current production non-Prestige S-Series guitars (which are made in Korea) and the new S-670... this all screams Korea to me! Moreover, it would make good sense to have a cheap Indonesian 7, a moderately priced Korean 7 and the increasingly expensive Japanese 7s, as it would pretty much cover the market for 7-string super Str@ts.

Cheers

Eske

Reaction score

Cheers

Eske

Its based purely on looks. It just looks like if you're gonna pick it up, its going to feel cheap, and looks like it will fall apart.

But Ill agree that the ZR trem is sturdy-er than pretty much any other trem.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
One argument for the price but the Made in Indonesia tag is that trem - that is (for now) bespoke equipment - the ZR-7 was designed for this new S7 - the old S7420 used the LO-TRS 7 and is probably a fairly hefty outlay. I got the impression that it was more than simply making a bigger baseplate that went into the design of that thing :scratch:
Just a thought.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Well, the trem was allready developed - and it really is just a question of widening the base plate and adding a saddle... That's as close to no development cost as you'll get on a trem.

And... all other ZR equiped guitars are MIK.

Cheers

Eske

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Yup, I am basing my asumption on price: there is just a 10.000yen (around 85$) price difference in RRP between the S-7320 and the Prestige RG1527... it simply has to be Korean to sell at that price! Oh, and the S-7320 is more expensive than both the two current production non-Prestige S-Series guitars (which are made in Korea) and the new S-670... this all screams Korea to me! Moreover, it would make good sense to have a cheap Indonesian 7, a moderately priced Korean 7 and the increasingly expensive Japanese 7s, as it would pretty much cover the market for 7-string super Str@ts.

Cheers

Eske

Hey man, I hope you're right. I'd have a hard time paying $699 for an Indonesian POS (my opinion after having played numerous MII Ibanez guitars) after I paid $725 brand new for my RG1527, that included the case.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought Dendroapsis had seen sale literature stating it's Indoneasian? I'd love it to be Korean though, my Blackjack is awesome for the money, just a hair off the quality of my Universe.

Well, the trem was allready developed - and it really is just a question of widening the base plate and adding a saddle... That's as close to no development cost as you'll get on a trem.

The spring system will have had tweaks to account for the extra string, it's a totally different system to any other trem.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
The spring system will have had tweaks to account for the extra string, it's a totally different system to any other trem.
Obviously, some minor changes have been made... but it is by no means a "new" trem - it's an existing trem modded for 7 strings.

Cheers

Eske

THE VILE

Deafening Silence
Reaction score
Hello there, I’m new to the forums and so new to seven strings that I don’t even own one yet. I go to guitar shops a couple times a week and try out sevens, and after trying everything I could get my hands on I really like the RG1527, but I am going to put off buying anything until this new S7 comes out. Being that I have never played an S series 7 string I am completely in the dark as to what neck it has or what it is similar to.
If someone would be so kind as to tell me a little about the neck it would be appreciated.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello there, I’m new to the forums and so new to seven strings that I don’t even own one yet. I go to guitar shops a couple times a week and try out sevens, and after trying everything I could get my hands on I really like the RG1527, but I am going to put off buying anything until this new S7 comes out. Being that I have never played an S series 7 string I am completely in the dark as to what neck it has or what it is similar to.
If someone would be so kind as to tell me a little about the neck it would be appreciated.

Since it's a brand new model there is no information available on the neck at. We don't know anymore than you do ;)

')