NEW S7 Info 2006

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:idea:

trashcan.gif

:fawk:

Bassies7string

Reaction score
Yesss, put my order in yesterday:hbang: Should be here mid February:metal: Apparantly there is a shipment due then that contains the first delivery for Europe. Got a sweet deal on it to:agreed: I have two blazes waiting for it.... My year starts good:yesway:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
So then...

715€/X = 888€/$749

715(749) = 888(X)

888X = 535535

535535/888

X = $603.07 (or shall we say S equals :lol:)

If it's $599, then maybe. It just sucks because you automatically have to tack on new pickups and a case. At least with a Schecter Blackjack, you already get good pickups, and then you just have to get a case. of course it's fixed and not a trem, but that's an irrelevant factor to me, as I am not a huge trem user.

THE VILE

Deafening Silence
Reaction score
Right now for me it’s between the S7 and an RG1527, of course I have yet to play the S7 so I’m leaning toward the 1527. It’s sad but the fact that Prestige cases are so sweet (and included) might play a factor also.

Ryan

Reaction score
If it's $599, then maybe. It just sucks because you automatically have to tack on new pickups and a case. At least with a Schecter Blackjack, you already get good pickups, and then you just have to get a case. of course it's fixed and not a trem, but that's an irrelevant factor to me, as I am not a huge trem user.

I still have a musicians friend catalogue with the RG7620BK "featured" at $969 :lol: $599 for a brand new tremmed, mahonagny guitar (ZR7 none the less) isnt so bad. Its less than the 1527 which everyone and their mom bought for almost the same features. We'll see if the build quality makes the $150 difference.

Crescent2k6

Reaction score
I personally don't like it. And it doesn't have ALL the features of the 1527, if you look closely you'll see it only has 22 frets. Even if the 1527 does cost more (I don't see how you got $607 out of 715 euros), I think I'd prefer that over this one.

(waits to be killed :lol:)

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
I personally don't like it. And it doesn't have ALL the features of the 1527, if you look closely you'll see it only has 22 frets. Even if the 1527 does cost more (I don't see how you got $607 out of 715 euros), I think I'd prefer that over this one.

The body on the S series is so freakin comfortable you won't believe. It's like a glove that contours to your body.

THE VILE

Deafening Silence
Reaction score

How dare you:nono: It's understandable you must not like awesome stuff.

:lol:

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score

It's quite fine that you don't like the S-Series... that'll leave more for the rest of us ;). However, even if you don't like it, most people think the S-Series is an amazing design... both aesthetically and ergonomically. I much prefer the S to the RG to be quite honest - and whether you believe it or not, 24 frets isn't better than 22 (throw a neck single coil at your RG and try comparing it to a Strat...), it's just an option.

The new S-Series is fitted with (what I believe to be) Ibanez' best trem design ever - it's simply so clever, smooth, stable and comfortable that I can't believe the RG people haven't begged for it ages ago - IMHO the Edge Pro doesn't even compare!

The one important pro that the RG has, is the Japanese "Prestige" label - but as people who have followed Korean guitars over the last few years will know, the Koreans have caught up considerably with Japanese building standards.

The US sales price for the S7320 wasn't found by conversion, but by factoring in the difference in sales price between the US and the EU (very basic though, as only the price for the RG1527 was used as the conversion factor).

Cheers

Eske

Project2501

Malleus Maleficarum
Reaction score
It's quite fine that you don't like the S-Series... that'll leave more for the rest of us ;). However, even if you don't like it, most people think the S-Series is an amazing design... both aesthetically and ergonomically. I much prefer the S to the RG to be quite honest - and whether you believe it or not, 24 frets isn't better than 22 (throw a neck single coil at your RG and try comparing it to a Strat...), it's just an option.

The new S-Series is fitted with (what I believe to be) Ibanez' best trem design ever - it's simply so clever, smooth, stable and comfortable that I can't believe the RG people haven't begged for it ages ago - IMHO the Edge Pro doesn't even compare!

The one important pro that the RG has, is the Japanese "Prestige" label - but as people who have followed Korean guitars over the last few years will know, the Koreans have caught up considerably with Japanese building standards.

The US sales price for the S7320 wasn't found by conversion, but by factoring in the difference in sales price between the US and the EU (very basic though, as only the price for the RG1527 was used as the conversion factor).

Cheers

Eske

Very much agreed, but I do worry about the materials used in the Korean models... the strength and durability... but eh maybe I'm paranoid.......

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score

Cheers

Eske

It's still of my opinion (based on owning several Ibanez guitars over the years, Prestige and not) that an MIJ Prestige is still better than an MIK Ibanez. Maybe not an MIK Schecter, but that's not the same.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's still of my opinion (based on owning several Ibanez guitars over the years, Prestige and not) that an MIJ Prestige is still better than an MIK Ibanez. Maybe not an MIK Schecter, but that's not the same.

Yes fit and finish is typically a bit better on the Prestige models period, whether Korean or Japanese. Of course you find lemons in all the categories...

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
I absolutely don't disagree with you: Ibanez' MIJ guitars are still better than their MIKs (though I've played some really sweet MIK Prestiges lately), but the MIKs are also less expensive than their Japanese siblings - and I stand by my comment that Korea is getting closer to Japanese quality all the time. In fact, my recent experiences with Korean guitars have been so good that I am in no way worried about the quality of the new S - I'm positive it'll be a great guitar!

Moreover, I'm pretty sure that both Ibanez' and Schecter's Korean guitars are built by Cort, hence, intial build quality should be exactly the same. What might make a difference, however, is the subsequent setup and fine tuning Schecter does on their guitars in the US... but any guitar tech worth his salt should be able to remedy that difference fairly quickly.

That's the great thing about modern technology: it doesn't matter where in the world you place a CNC machine, it'll ALWAYS work with superhuman precision...

Cheers

Eske

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Moreover, I'm pretty sure that both Ibanez' and Schecter's Korean guitars are built by Cort, hence, intial build quality should be exactly the same. What might make a difference, however, is the subsequent setup and fine tuning Schecter does on their guitars in the US... but any guitar tech worth his salt should be able to remedy that difference fairly quickly.

:yesway: 100% correct on all counts.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score

We have. They only will put it on the S though, they want it to have something that the RG doesn't, to make it more different and marketable.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see their pricing on the S7 compared to the Apex hardtail. One has craptacular pickups but an awesome trem, and the other has awesome pickups and a hardtail. Both are mahogany though.

To me the Apex is more enticing because I already like the wood/pickups combo, and I'd love a hardtail. Hopefully they're reasonable even though it's a signature.

')