NEW S7 Info 2006

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nats

Reaction score
Rich over at Glensite said that the Apex 2 (GSF hardtail) is streeting for 7 bills. Count me the fuck in. My parents already donated $250 for it. :D

that just about settles it for me too

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think the S7 will be around the same price as the Apex2, give or take. It's all what your looking for, be hardtail/trem and pickups. Obviously you can swap pickups on the S7, but that's more dough.

jtm45

Reaction score
The S7 is for sale at just over 700 Euros and the Apex2 is just under.

You're looking at around $900 straight Euro to $ conversion but then U.S. prices are usually lower than Europe so it's gonna be more like $750 (ish),probably.

It's all guesswork until they actually appear in the U.S.

Wouldn't it be insane if they were European only models.:ugh:

THE VILE

Deafening Silence
Reaction score

You're looking at around $900 straight Euro to $ conversion but then U.S. prices are usually lower than Europe so it's gonna be more like $750 (ish),probably.

Yes it would be insane, I would become mentally ill.:nuts:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score

Yeah, but if it was, I'd just get the Blackjack. No biggie.

HotRodded7321

Reaction score
There's only ONE problem with the S7320.....it's a 25.5" scale....BUT.....*B*U*T*.......it only has 22 frets. The strings will feel loose on it, guaranteed....and muting on the ZR bridge with loose strings = sloppy sound. Same reason I won't buy the S520EX.

SO...I plan on buying the guitar, but I also plan on replacing the neck with a 24 fret version. It will have better response, I think.:yesway:

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
There's only ONE problem with the S7320.....it's a 25.5" scale....BUT.....*B*U*T*.......it only has 22 frets. The strings will feel loose on it, guaranteed....and muting on the ZR bridge with loose strings = sloppy sound. Same reason I won't buy the S520EX.

SO...I plan on buying the guitar, but I also plan on replacing the neck with a 24 fret version. It will have better response, I think.:yesway:
String tension and feel is NOT affected by how many frets you have whatsoever. A 22 fret 25.5" scale neck will have the exact same tension and exact same feel as a 25.5" scale 24 fret neck, all other factors being equal. The only thing that's different with a 22 fret neck is the tone from the neck pickup because it is in a slightly different spot.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
tension and palm muting will be fine. Shouldn't be any better/worse than any other trem equipt 25.5" 7-string.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score

Uh... I think you got something terribly wrong there mate. I really don't think you know what scale length means - scale length and tension have nothing to do with the number of frets on an instrument.

A 2 fret and a 36 fret 25,5" guitar will have the exact same tension (if stringed with the same strings and tuned to the same pitch), there is no secret "extra-fret-voodoo"... it's just maths.

Cheers

Eske

P.s.: the only way you'd increase tension by adding two frets, is if you decide to extend the scale length to 28 5/8" (adding two extra low frets in the process) - but that would require a custom built neck... someone on this forum actually did that to an S7420... can't seem to remember who, though.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
It is sad, but having waited so eagerly for allof this, i still find the S7420FMTW a much more desirable guitar, even if it is twice the price. Hell, i'd happily pay ~£4/500 (thats almost $1000 :lol:

And yes, Ryan, I am looking at you....

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
It is sad, but having waited so eagerly for allof this, i still find the S7420FMTW a much more desirable guitar, even if it is twice the price. Hell, i'd happily pay ~£4/500 (thats almost $1000 :lol:

And yes, Ryan, I am looking at you....

isnt Zimbloth selling one still?

Edit: yep

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
P.s.: the only way you'd increase tension by adding two frets, is if you decide to extend the scale length to 28 5/8" (adding two extra low frets in the process) - but that would require a custom built neck... someone on this forum actually did that to an S7420... can't seem to remember who, though.

That'd be Urklvt, the madman having the 10 string built.

')