NEW S7 Info 2006

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Uh... I think you got something terribly wrong there mate. I really don't think you know what scale length means - scale length and tension have nothing to do with the number of frets on an instrument.

A 2 fret and a 36 fret 25,5" guitar will have the exact same tension (if stringed with the same strings and tuned to the same pitch), there is no secret "extra-fret-voodoo"... it's just maths.

Cheers

Eske

P.s.: the only way you'd increase tension by adding two frets, is if you decide to extend the scale length to 28 5/8" (adding two extra low frets in the process) - but that would require a custom built neck... someone on this forum actually did that to an S7420... can't seem to remember who, though.
Absolutely correct - the number of frets has nothing to do with scale length or tension. It was urklvt who had the extended neck put on his S7.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
So it is definately Korean built then!

Pretty sure it says "Made In Korea"

S7320BK_7.jpg

ninja edit, wtf am i smoking i though you said indo built at first :lol:

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
A little pedestrian, but it's cool to see it.
Yup, it's a real shame about the plain Jane finish... A blind man could have been more creative using his cane alone. It will be mod city when I get mine. I'll be stripping it and depending on the state of the mahogany (and my mood), I'll either be oiling it or refinishing it in some hue of green...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, it's a real shame about the plain Jane finish... A blind man could have been more creative using his cane alone. It will be mod city when I get mine. I'll be stripping it and depending on the state of the mahogany (and my mood), I'll either be oiling it or refinishing it in some hue of green...

I decided im not gonna paint it neon yellow like i originally planned, but replace the logo and make all hardware neon green like a UV7BK. \m/

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
I decided im not gonna paint it neon yellow like i originally planned, but replace the logo and make all hardware neon green like a UV7BK. \m/
Hmm... that's not a bad option either! I'm already thinking about PUs... I really like my current setup (consisting of a Blaze Neck and a PAF7) and am debating whether to go that route again or to go bonkers and try the De-Activators (which also come in green...).

THE VILE

Deafening Silence
Reaction score
How does one go about getting those dots out of the neck? Do you have to drill them out?

I believe you need the services of a guild-trained magician, or I’ve heard that most wizards moonlight as luthiers’.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Just shy of black magic, drilling the inlays out is your best option - just don't go too deep!

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's really done using heat guys.
Heat 'em up to loosen the glue and pull them out without chipping the board. (which is the hard part)
Clean cavity.
Make matching wood dust/epoxy mix.
Fill cavity.
Sand flat and re-oil f/b.
Camoflaged inlays that give a blank appearance overall.
You'll see soon....
:D

THE VILE

Deafening Silence
Reaction score
It's really done using heat guys.
Heat 'em up to loosen the glue and pull them out without chipping the board. (which is the hard part)
Clean cavity.
Make matching wood dust/epoxy mix.
Fill cavity.
Sand flat and re-oil f/b.
Camoflaged inlays that give a blank appearance overall.
You'll see soon....
:D

I wonder which of these steps I would totally botch?:scratch:

Probably the first:lol:

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
I think I may sell the C7 and buy one, green Evo 7s, green log...waaait

...good idea, stealing :p

')