NEW S7 Info 2006

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd definitely be interested in a new Saber 7. It had better be nicer than the S7420/FM though, because otherwise... why not just get one of those on ebay for half whatever these would cost? I guess if it was hardtail it would be more tempting though. I think I'd prefer an RGA with an ebony fretboard but that'll never happen.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Nipples said:
I mighta missed it, but do we have a ballpark of what price we might be facing?
Well if the S520EX is 600, and the RG1527 is 800, I'd say it could be anywhere in between those prices.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't trust new Ibanez. The RG1527 I had was pretty much a dud, and didn't really compare to the RG76xx/RG7421XL/UVs/RG2027/K7 I've owned in recent years. There were flaws and the guitar just didn't "feel" as nice. So, my trust in 2006 Ibanez models has been shaken. I remember Donnie complaining about his RG1520 6-string as well.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
To be honest, I don't trust new Ibanez. The RG1527 I had was pretty much a dud, and didn't really compare to the RG76xx/RG7421XL/UVs/RG2027/K7 I've owned in recent years. There were flaws and the guitar just didn't "feel" as nice. So, my trust in 2006 Ibanez models has been shaken. I remember Donnie complaining about his RG1520 6-string as well.
Maybe you got a lemon?

Did you set it up when you got it?

Black Watch

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, I love the S body shape, and if they are going to produce another S7 I am going to start saving. I may not spend if I don't find one I like, but I am going to get ready just in case.

Still hoping an Iceman 7 appears some day. Now that would be an instant buy.

Black Watch

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
nyck said:
Maybe you got a lemon?

Did you set it up when you got it?

Maybe, the neck just felt clunky and it didnt have very good tone. There were also like rotting spots on the rosewood fretboard. It was a disgrace. It could be a lemon, but all of the 10+ Ibanez I've loved were all made in Japan in the late 90s. I don't trust the new ones. I played one of those RGA123 Prestige ones (the natural wood one), and it played and felt like shit.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
Maybe, the neck just felt clunky and it didnt have very good tone. There were also like rotting spots on the rosewood fretboard. It was a disgrace. It could be a lemon, but all of the 10+ Ibanez I've loved were all made in Japan in the late 90s. I don't trust the new ones. I played one of those RGA123 Prestige ones (the natural wood one), and it played and felt like shit.
That sounds shitty.
I agree about the RGA121. It's Ok, pretty sub par, but not worth a fucking what ~900 they're asking for it. At that price, I would expect some REAL pickups too.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
nyck said:
Well if the S520EX is 600, and the RG1527 is 800, I'd say it could be anywhere in between those prices.
i remember the s7420s costing more than the 7620s when inroduced. even though specs were "sub par" with the RG. :rolleyes: as long as they don't try to go all MTM on us and give us a korean model for 1000+ i'll be happy

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
The price won't bother me to much, even if I have to import it; I've waited too long for a real nice Ibanez S7, so I'm willing to fork out the money.

skattabrain

slow and low
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
I played one of those RGA123 Prestige ones (the natural wood one), and it played and felt like shit.
i've played rga121's on several occasions at guitar centers. they all felt different to me everytime. i did play one once and i swear if i had the cash in my pocket i'd be out the door with it. i do think it is too much $ though ... pickups ... forget about it. when i buy an ibby i just take it for granted that the rear humbucker (at minimum) is coming out.

i think i'm most in love with the "idea" of a fixed bridge RG that doesn't use the current, craptastic fender style bridge. it may wor, but it's oh so $15.

the RG has a strong floating bridge heritage, that's why i love the gibralter bridge in teh RGA's ... it's fixed but it "feels" like floyd.

drshock

Street-good guy
Reaction score
Aaron said:
i just read on the ibanez forum that there is a new S7 coming out in december
it will have a ZR7 bridge which goes from a floating bridge and locks down to be a fixed, there is no color yet though, hopefully its somthing other than just black, other than that thats all i know, and i cant find pics.
I'm so sick of 7's only availible in black.... Any idea on the price? It'll probably br overpriced just because the bridge is adjustable. I bet there will be stock pickups too. :noway: Please prove me wrong Ibanez!

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
drshock said:
I'm so sick of 7's only availible in black.... Any idea on the price? It'll probably br overpriced just because the bridge is adjustable. I bet there will be stock pickups too. :noway: Please prove me wrong Ibanez!

At this rate it's better than nothing, we need more sevens!

drshock

Street-good guy
Reaction score
Seven said:
At this rate it's better than nothing, we need more sevens!
Point taken, I'm just tired of the whole thing like you have to pay an extra $300 for a something like a cheap trem in your seven, I mean I'm 17 and I need car and other shit. I dont have that good of a job so I can't afford to spend a ton of money on gear, although I want to, I mean I saved up for like 2 1/2 months to buy a randall half-cab, and now I have to split my paycheck for a car, and I'm going to college next year. Sorry for the rant but I just think its bullshit that we have to pay say $500 dollars for a guitar that would probably cost $350 if it were a six string. And then once you get it, you spend 200 more on replacement pickups or tuners or whatever.:noway: :noway:

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I see what you mean, but not all sevens are expensive, for example the RG7321, and Schecters seem very good for the money.

Latest posts

')