NEW S7 Info 2006

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
But for the price of the instrument ($900 fixed bridge ?), should you have to pay the extra $130 for a new pair of pickups? Point is - if your paying premium price, why not get get premium PUs.

Of course we'd all switch them out to something more of our own personal taste.

concatenation

Reaction score
when will we know, or see this model for sure?

Im really up for buying a new ibanez 7, and i cant ait for some new models.

I just hope its a fixed bridge one, that would be awesome.... or il just buy the rg7321 i guess

Seven

Contributor
Reaction score
concatenation said:
when will we know, or see this model for sure?

Im really up for buying a new ibanez 7, and i cant ait for some new models.

I just hope its a fixed bridge one, that would be awesome.... or il just buy the rg7321 i guess

It will be at NAMM, which runs from January the 19th to the 21st this year I think, look out for it there!

Ryan

Reaction score
We had an Ibanez affiliate strongly hint towards the release date of Jan. 19th (right after NAMM) on another forum.

(From the Ibanez New S7 forum)
IBANEZUSA said:
New Ibanez guitars will be released January 19th 2007. Check out the Ibanez website on this date.

I really think this S7 wont be a hardtail though ;D

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
drshock said:
Point taken, I'm just tired of the whole thing like you have to pay an extra $300 for a something like a cheap trem in your seven, I mean I'm 17 and I need car and other shit. I dont have that good of a job so I can't afford to spend a ton of money on gear, although I want to, I mean I saved up for like 2 1/2 months to buy a randall half-cab, and now I have to split my paycheck for a car, and I'm going to college next year. Sorry for the rant but I just think its bullshit that we have to pay say $500 dollars for a guitar that would probably cost $350 if it were a six string. And then once you get it, you spend 200 more on replacement pickups or tuners or whatever.:noway: :noway:

You, my friend, are a strong candidate for a RG7620. RG body shape, H-H pickup combination with Dimarzio New-7's (admittedly, they sound way better in mahogany than basswood, but they're totally useable pickups), and a Lo-Pro Edge trem that currently goes for around $400 in good shape used, less than a similarly spec'd RG6 would.

Ryan said:
But for the price of the instrument ($900 fixed bridge ?), should you have to pay the extra $130 for a new pair of pickups? Point is - if your paying premium price, why not get get premium PUs.

Depends. If it's the Dimarzio/IBZ they've been using on Prestige guitars lately, those are essentially New 7's, and while they get a bad rap more often than not, those pickups SLAY in mahogany.

If they're not, then they'll most likely be generic Ibanez pickups - not great, but not horrible. If I buy one, I'd just toss 'em for Duncans, probably, anyway.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
drshock said:
Point taken, I'm just tired of the whole thing like you have to pay an extra $300 for a something like a cheap trem in your seven, I mean I'm 17 and I need car and other shit. I dont have that good of a job so I can't afford to spend a ton of money on gear, although I want to, I mean I saved up for like 2 1/2 months to buy a randall half-cab, and now I have to split my paycheck for a car, and I'm going to college next year. Sorry for the rant but I just think its bullshit that we have to pay say $500 dollars for a guitar that would probably cost $350 if it were a six string. And then once you get it, you spend 200 more on replacement pickups or tuners or whatever.:noway: :noway:

Dude, Blackjack C7. Mahogany, setneck, good pickups, $599.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
nyck said:
Dude, the ZR7 is an awesome trem. You don't like it? Or trems in general lol.

:scratch: You talking to me or concatenation? If you're talking to concatenation, that makes sense. If you're talking to me, I'm seriously confused... :scratch:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
the ZRs go into lock mode don't they? I can't fathom why you wouldn't want one...

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
Naren said:
:scratch: You talking to me or concatenation? If you're talking to concatenation, that makes sense. If you're talking to me, I'm seriously confused... :scratch:
:lol: I'm so sorry! When you said draws, I thought you meant drawbacks!
My bad :)

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
nyck said:
:lol: I'm so sorry! When you said draws, I thought you meant drawbacks!
My bad :)

No. I meant "draws." If I had meant "drawbacks," I would have said "drawbacks." :fawk: :lol:

Concatenation was saying that he was hoping this S would come out as a hardtail and I said that one of the main draws for this guitar is that it has the ZR7 trem (or, in other words, some people would buy this guitar solely for the fact that it's a 7 with a ZR trem on it, not even taking that it's an S series 7 into consideration).

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I actually like the ZR, and would probably even use it (unlike the Edge Pro on my 1527, which I have blocked) because it has a vastly different feel to it, and seems to stay in tune better than any trem I've ever used before.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this S7.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I'd love having a ZR, so I could lock my trem off at at the perfect level and I'm sure I'd use it too, since I've heard it's more stable than most of Ibanez's trem systems.

concatenation

Reaction score
so are you guys sure it will have a ZR?

So you can block that trem without having to use a piece of wood to stick up there or some tremolno gadget? In that case i guess its pretty cool...

I want to know more about the ZR..... what guitars has it now?

')