New Scar Symmetry - Now With Less Caps

• Thread starter Omerta989
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
Killer new tune!Plenty of cool ideas packed into a 5 minute song.Looking forward to buying the whole album.I think Scar Symmetry are back with a vengeance.Peace.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
:agreed:

And then I went and listened to stuff from Dark Matter Dimensions.. and liked it too! It's great when you see your own musical tastes evolving... :D

One more on my list of albums to buy!

Yep! This new album might cause DMD to grow on me.

Zer01

Reaction score
Per, did you record all the guitar, since Jonas' arm was broken?

I don't know how you guys are able to work so fast when most bands take 2-3 years between albums. I sure am glad you're able to do it though!

I almost hate to click on a SS thread anywhere because it always turns into people wishing for Christian back. Get. Over. It.

Per Nilsson

SCAR SYMMETRY
Reaction score
Per, did you record all the guitar, since Jonas' arm was broken?

I don't know how you guys are able to work so fast when most bands take 2-3 years between albums. I sure am glad you're able to do it though!

I almost hate to click on a SS thread anywhere because it always turns into people wishing for Christian back. Get. Over. It.

Nope Jonas recorded almost all of his parts. We recorded some of the rhythm guitars on tour on our laptops so when Jonas' had his "accident" he already had some guitars recorded. Jonas finished tracking his parts after everything else was recorded - vocals, bass, my guitar parts - because he had to wear the cast up until then. His hand were weak and he had to suffer some pain playing but still he pulled out some of his best performances yet...

We write songs really fast for some reason. I read someone thinking Dark Matter Dimensions was a "rushed" album... I wrote five of the songs from Pitch Black Progress in five days, one song a day, the week before entering the studio... Now that's rushed to me, haha...

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Per, I pretty much expect all of the "hate" for the new vocalists to go away after a few albums with the new guys. Its typical. The more I hear the new guys, the more I like them. Personally, it just took me a little while to get used to them. Not that my opinion is all that important or anything :lol:

Either way, if the new album is on par with this one song here, it's going to be a huge hit.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
First time listening to Scar Symmetry - I really dig those clean vocals :lol: I laughed when they first came in though...I was just totally blown away :lol:

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
You know what's pretty awesome? Everytime there is a new Scar Symmetry thread, we always have like 3 or so guys that chime in and say "This is the first time hearing Scar Symmetry and I am deffinately a new fan!" or "Where have these guys been, this shit is epic!"

Pretty cool to read that stuff!

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
first time listener here, and i'm not gonna lie, not my thing at all. mainly the clean vocals, and the overthetop electronic/epic aspect...

but the guitar work is absolutely fanfuckingtastic! :D

Latest posts

')