New Schecter JAPANESE series

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeftOurEyes

Reaction score
I will say I bought a FGN guitar a few years ago and it was flawless. I would certainly get another one. These look interesting but I've been really liking the Edwards Horizons a lot the last few years.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
Fujigen making a killing by making Ibanez, Jackson, and now Schecter. That's called cornering a market. Want an MIJ metal/rock guitar? You have lots of options, all made by the same people.

Dyna makes these. I should check them out next time I'm in Japan.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I will ask again on it.
The carving on the top is 100% a thick piece of maple...it's not fake binding.

Could be maple base cap and then a quilt maple cap and the carving to the edge ends the figured top.

But i don't think it's a synthetic veneer.

Hell, i would like a plain maple cap and guitar painted white....not into fancy quilts these days.
I really dislike figured maple tops these days. Especially quilts. Just not my thing.

yan12

Reaction score
I really dislike figured maple tops these days. Especially quilts. Just not my thing.
I am right there with you...I used to love them in my PRS/TA phase.

Now I am back to cool paint jobs, or just plain paint. I am too stuck in the 80's to have much quilt or flame.
Despise spalt.
Figured koa, walnut...none of it appeals any more.

Zado

Reaction score
I am right there with you...I used to love them in my PRS/TA phase.

Now I am back to cool paint jobs, or just plain paint. I am too stuck in the 80's to have much quilt or flame.
Despise spalt.
Figured koa, walnut...none of it appeals any more.

^He's my brother.

jwguitar

Reaction score
Yup, not your regular Schecter JP we all know about
As far as I can tell, it's a mid way between their Custom Shop USA line and the regular Korean - indo Diamond Series.

As far as I know there will be also a PT version of this.

I have to say that I am really excited about these guitars. If you have ever owned an FGN or another Fujigen produced guitar you know just how good they are. I have a FGN Les Paul and it is fan and away better than any Gibson I have played. The Japanese fretwork is always spot on!

Zado

Reaction score
FB-IMG-1682182693809.jpg

FB-IMG-1682182697696.jpg

')