New Schecter JAPANESE series

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Super, super, super bold to call this a Diamond Series after the whole reaction to the ESP LTD Elite line.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Looks hawt. Interested to see how it stacks up compared to other MIJ guitars.

Zado

Reaction score
media.nl

California%20Classic.Bengal%20Fade.05.jpg

California%20Classic.Bengal%20Fade.09.jpg

California%20Classic.Bengal%20Fade.07.jpg

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
interesting. Wonder where they are built. My first thought is that it'd be like E-II, but presumably the ESP folks won't be working on Schecter guitars? They can barely keep up with making ESPs.

Never mind. It says Fujigen.

Obviously a veneer top, but seems like a respectable price for a Fujigen with SS frets.

Zado

Reaction score
Btw I'm not familiar with most recent Fujigen productions, how the quality control? And what about pricing?

diogoguitar

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I like this one a lot! I hope they make a 24-fret sun valley super shredder made in japan WITHOUT the ultra narrow 41mm nut... maybe with a 2-point 510 bridge... or floyd

Sun%20Valley%20Super%20Shredder%20FR%20S%20LH.Birch%20Green%20(BGRN).01.png

Zado

Reaction score
I like this one a lot! I hope they make a 24-fret sun valley super shredder made in japan WITHOUT the ultra narrow 41mm nut... maybe with a 2-point 510 bridge... or floyd

Sun%20Valley%20Super%20Shredder%20FR%20S%20LH.Birch%20Green%20(BGRN).01.png
Usa models usually have thicker neck, maybe they'll make a Japanese series with similar specs

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Btw I'm not familiar with most recent Fujigen productions, how the quality control? And what about pricing?
I've had dozens of Fujigen Ibanez guitars and they are great. Only one had issues and I just got a replacement that was perfect.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Super, super, super bold to call this a Diamond Series after the whole reaction to the ESP LTD Elite line.
Literally no one remembers that epic failure. :lol:

Looks hawt. Interested to see how it stacks up compared to other MIJ guitars.
Probably on-par with the other Schecter Japan offerings that have been around ever since Schecter Japan's inception as its own autonomous operation outside of Schecter USA.

Given the specs, details, etc., I can't imagine them being too far off. The Schecter Japan stuff has always been phenomenal in terms of cost-to-quality ratio, even if the specs are fairly generic and ubiquitous. The stock pickups that are just cheaper variations/iterations of Anderson's designs for Schecter from back in the 1980s are still killer.

Fujigen isn't that great nowadays. They were absolute top-tier in the 90s and early 2000s; but that day and age is long behind them.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I honestly had no idea Schecter ever had MIJ guitars. I am less dumb now.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
So basically not worth that pricetag you mean?
Fujigen is still riding the wave of people that "think" the brand is still as great as they once were in the 90s around the time that Fujigen was manufacturing for Hoshino/Ibanez (the original JEMs and RGs), Fender (both Heartfield and Fender Japan), Orville by Gibson, Epiphone, Yamaha, Gretsch, and more. That "name recognition" has contributed to a borderline legendary status for the main Fujigen factory. However, ever since they began taking on mass OEM manufacturing contracts for a copious amount of brands, their quality at some point began slipping steadily...steadily...then just nosediving... (I guess this is what happens when you pivot and begin spending your best wood supplies on manufacturing wood components for car interiors.)

I've spoken with a bunch of dealers, retailers, shops, individual owners, etc. who have been flat-out returning a ton of Fujigen-built stuff, whether it was for Fujigen's own in-house FGN brand, for Ibanez, for Yamaha, etc., and they've all privately cited quality control to me as the same reason time and time again.

One notable exception is that the stuff Fujigen produces for Fender Japan, both before they lost the contract to Dyna Gakki and after Fujigen regained the contract (around 2015, I think?), which have all been consistently solid and on-par with perceived upper-tier instruments. No clue why, but every Fender Japan guitar I've played has been just killer in terms of price-to-quality ratio with no serious flaws to note.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
For a loooooooooooooong time. Decades iirc. Just been Japan exclusive.
You know Americans, man. All they know is: "Gibson and Fender! USA is the best country ever! Best products ever! FREEDOM, BABY!" and "Buy domestic!" and "Play authentic!" Ya know... All that overly nationalistic, borderline absurdist propaganda that is crammed down the throats of Americans 24/7 to the point that it cons Americans into buying products of questionably terrible quality at premium prices just because the products are "made in the good ol' USA". Not that many folks nowadays seem to know about a lot of the Japanese brands/companies that stay relegated exclusively to the Japanese domestic market.

')