New Schecter Models Megathread

Stangstag

Reaction score
^^^^ I own that 8 string blackjack SLS and I can tell you that its a great guitar. Great sound and well-crafted.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Valnob

about tree fiddy
Reaction score
Schecter%202010%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20DCGL%20Avenger-8%20Black%208-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

Ark ! Putting a 8 string Solo headstock looks awful ! A avenger without the original headstock doesn't look good.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
This is in no way intended to be a complaint, but Ibby and Schecter are literally flip-flopping. If that latest Banshee isn't Schecter's take on an Ibby Premium then I'll be the son of a motherless goat. This is...of course...not a bad thing :) Just making it harder and harder to stick with Ibanez for my next few purchases.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I've said this a few times, but what if I told you a passive version and a 7-string version is also coming?

Noisy Humbucker

Reaction score
I've said this a few times, but what if I told you a passive version and a 7-string version is also coming?

Yeah, a lot of people have been making the comparison (hard not to). The whole concept of offering multiple variations on a common platform seems like such an obviously great idea, it probably just took a solid decade+ to lay down a strong/broad enough manufacturing setup for it to be fiscall viable (and profitable).

EDIT: Too many wordz. Basically, Schecter is slowly incorporating all of the mods we guitgeeks would immediately apply to our brand new guitars.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
This is in no way intended to be a complaint, but Ibby and Schecter are literally flip-flopping. If that latest Banshee isn't Schecter's take on an Ibby Premium then I'll be the son of a motherless goat. This is...of course...not a bad thing :) Just making it harder and harder to stick with Ibanez for my next few purchases.

The Banshee is less of a take on anything Ibanez are doing and more of a return to form really because Schecter were originally a custom shop and made flat topped superstrats all the time and when the Diamond series first came out in the late 90's the V1/V1-plus (and V7) was part of it but it wasn't very popular due to it's 80's shred stigma so they ditched it and chose to focus on their C shape instead.
Schecter Vault - V-1 PLUS (2001)V-1 PLUS (2001) - Schecter Guitar Research

Zado

Reaction score
The Banshee is less of a take on anything Ibanez are doing and more of a return to form really because Schecter were originally a custom shop and made flat topped superstrats all the time and when the Diamond series first came out in the late 90's the V1/V1-plus (and V7) was part of it but it wasn't very popular due to it's 80's shred stigma so they ditched it and chose to focus on their C shape instead.
Schecter Vault - V-1 PLUS (2001)V-1 PLUS (2001) - Schecter Guitar Research
I miss the V-1 so damn much

Noisy Humbucker

Reaction score
The Banshee is less of a take on anything Ibanez are doing and more of a return to form really

I was thinking more along the lines of the natural bound body/maple bound board/plateless bolt-on/offset dots stuff, but I see your point. Either way it's a win in my book.

Forkface

Feast on this.
Reaction score
Ark ! Putting a 8 string Solo headstock looks awful ! A avenger without the original headstock doesn't look good.

well, try putting 8 tuners inline though :p (not saying it isnt doable, but it would be kinda weird :lol:)

surfthealien

Reaction score
Serious, I dont even need any more guitars but I will buy this if it exists.

The best part is, if it exists, I've got a pretty good chance of getting one since Schecter make left handed versions of almost everything. So its not like when I look at new ibanez's and say, "thats nice, but I'll never be able to own one."

This I love schecter for this reason. When do these new hipshot banshee's launch 2014 can't get here fast enough lol

surfthealien

Reaction score
Oh also is there any word on the sls getting dots or a blank board the specs are perfect except for that f'ing hideous ass skull inlay. That merrow sig looks sick btw.

Zado

Reaction score
I want a good green seven string. Ebony (no inlay) fretboard, string trough body (or hipshot)

But that green schecter above to me is hideous. :noway:

I would like a more emerald quilt burst.
1392694_750803411603139_907974784_n.jpg

well it's green quilt and seven

Latest posts

')