New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Does anybody know the status of the possible Chris Poland (Megadeth, OHM) signature guitar?

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
The other thing Schecter said about that mystery model is "look how STEALTH this is!" I doubt they'd put words in caps for no reason so perhaps stealth is actually the name of a new series of guitars cause the fact that it's got no binding is matte black and has a basic control layout would suit the name plus most of the reveals so far have been from established series or reissues and I doubt they'd let a year pass without any new series being introduced at all.

Zado

Reaction score
Does anybody know the status of the possible Chris Poland (Megadeth, OHM) signature guitar?
Chris talked 'bout a possible signature here iirc

but never heard anything in a while.It's sad,a CP model would have been really interesting

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It probably is the name of the series, but as we all know, Schecter's FB admin is a bit caps lock happy. :lol:

But yeah, the guitar does have a bit of a "stealth" feel of it.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score

Doesn't he always play some golden Yamaha? I'm a huge CP fan and I didn't even know he was a Schecter artist. Cool idea though. That Tempest model would surely suit him well.

icos211

Schecter faithful
Reaction score
I really hate the dots inlays. They make them look like every other guitar in the world. The inlays have always been one of the coolest part of each different guitar, and dots? Well they're boring as ...., to be honest. I do like some of the new models I'm seeing, but I'm glad I have an older Schecter (yes, WITH ABALONE!). Literally all my music friends I show my guitar to think its damn sexy, and no one has bitched about the inlays or how it has abalone

You have an opinion that is unpopular as hell on here, but one that I share. While offset dots and tangent function dots are a bit better(I'm getting the KM signature no matter what), I too am bored to tears with dot inlays. I have an SLS with the skull inlay, and I think it is A-OK, though I respect the company for switching due to market demand. I would take a blank board over all of them, but if there must be an inlay, I would at least like to be interested by it.

All that being said, tread lightly. Some get neg-happy when their tastes are refuted.

pedalcollector371

Reaction score
You have an opinion that is unpopular as hell on here, but one that I share. While offset dots and tangent function dots are a bit better(I'm getting the KM signature no matter what), I too am bored to tears with dot inlays. I have an SLS with the skull inlay, and I think it is A-OK, though I respect the company for switching due to market demand. I would take a blank board over all of them, but if there must be an inlay, I would at least like to be interested by it.

All that being said, tread lightly. Some get neg-happy when their tastes are refuted.

Yea I would rather have no inlay than dots. But to me the different inlays are kinda part of the character of the guitar. And I like something to look at with guitars, you know? Since I've posted that I asked a couple friends (even some who don't know guitars) what they thought about the inlays and abalone and they said they probably would have just passed it by at a music store. But, all that being said, and while I may not agree with the market, at least Schecter is listening to market demands

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hate the dots inlays. They make them look like every other guitar in the world. The inlays have always been one of the coolest part of each different guitar, and dots? Well they're boring as ...., to be honest. I do like some of the new models I'm seeing, but I'm glad I have an older Schecter (yes, WITH ABALONE!). Literally all my music friends I show my guitar to think its damn sexy, and no one has bitched about the inlays or how it has abalone

You have a point there. If you spend a lot of time on the internet looking for 7's, like many on this forum do, you'll get bored pretty quickly. It's funny how most of this forum can get massive GAS for an average guitar just because it has a limited finish :lol: However, whenever I've had non-guitarist friends over (especially girls) my red hellraiser always gets the most attention. People who don't spend all day googling guitars tend to like shiny and gaudy ones more than classy, understated ones overall.

Not to mention you still get the "What, you have SEVEN strings?!?!?" reaction most of the time so the risk of someone saying "oh you've got a hellraiser, that's so boring" is very slim. :lol:

Zado

Reaction score
The pic of the lost leak
images.jpg

at least a small one.

The PT -like model must be part of the same collection I guess,they are too similar

Valnob

about tree fiddy
Reaction score
The pic of the lost leak
images.jpg

at least a small one.

The PT -like model must be part of the same collection I guess,they are too similar

Yeah, I think the same, maybe not the same model/body but definitely the same collection.

Leuka

Reaction score
^ Well now I'm even more interested in Schecters 2014 releases!

Valnob

about tree fiddy
Reaction score

Same color as a sls (stbb), coil tap, but the 'tailpiece' makes me think of a hollowbody/335 style. + the pickups looks like Gretsch pickups.

So maybe a Corsair SLS or something like that.

or a Ultra SLS

Latest posts

')