New Schecter Models Megathread

cip 123

Reaction score
Just picked up a c-8 deluxe. I'll post an ngd thread later but basically schecter just destroyed the rg8 with this thing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pdbeaton87

Reaction score
Man, I use to want a Tempest Custom so bad! Love the way that guitar looks. Now that I know I am not a huge fan of tail piece's and tune-o-matic bridges I would definitely love to see a 7 string with the hipshot and some tasteful pick-ups!

cip 123

Reaction score
Tell us more!!

incoming long post

First off it looks really good, the contours are just great and sit in your body really nicely. The neck heel is nice you barley touch it when going up the top, it does remind me a little of a Caparison (although I've only played a few C2's so don't quote me on that)

The pickups are surprisingly good, I'm hoping to try out the new EMG's but I can't complain about these stock ones, the neck pup is maybe a little thin sounding and they don't respond to the volume control on the guitar very well they're kinda on until you hit 0 on the volume.

The neck is real comfy, thinner than my old Hellraiser special and it's unfinished so its nice and fast. I was worried about the scale length (28") but its not a problem actually in fact it gives you a lot of extra room up the top which is nice and I don't feel I have to stretch.

The overall quality is very good. The only things is there's a little jagged edge round the pickup cavities on the treble side. And the switch feels a little clunky. Thats it. Keep in mind this is made in Indonesia (much like Ibanez I believe)

Now heres the main reason it beats an Ibby rg8 this cost me £339 (thats the shop price from distributor its £319) and it doesn't have reused soapbar bass pickups, I didn't have to pay £600 just to have good frets *cough* Ibanez premium *cough* The frets are just lovely no jagged ends, no raised frets. Plus the horns remind me of a JP :lol:

Course I am in the honeymon phase but really I cant see any thing changing for the price its darn hard to beat. Let the modding commence.

Zado

Reaction score
And it doesn't feel so cheap the slightest?This can be an interesting addition to the catalog if the quality is decent :yum:

cip 123

Reaction score
And it doesn't feel so cheap the slightest?This can be an interesting addition to the catalog if the quality is decent :yum:

The bridge is the same that was on my Hellraiser special, Schecters version of a hipshot.

The tuners again I'm pretty sure were on my Hellraiser special, they feel like any standard tuner really, at least theres no wiggle or give, they just do their job.

The electronics are probably cheap, but they'll be getting replaced.

In all honesty the only thing that makes it feel cheap is the headstock and Schecters font haha. They body is all nice and curved just looks classy then its got a pointy-ish headstock with some calligraphy font. It still seems like they're going for the "omg metal" look but thats just my opinion.

Zado

Reaction score
Schecter's hipshot is mounted in their Stealth models too,and it pretty cool if youask me.If the bridge is the same,it really has some quality to it.

Great review man,I'm intrigued :yum:

By this one too
10845941_1002238443126300_3678043945070057806_n.jpg

Zado

Reaction score
Schecter's hipshot is mounted in their Stealth models too,and it pretty cool if youask me.If the bridge is the same,it really has some quality to it.

By this one too
10845941_1002238443126300_3678043945070057806_n.jpg

cip 123

Reaction score

Thanks man, I'll try and get a thread up tomorrow with some pics and clips. I don't want to hype it too much because its a cheap guitar, but its a very good cheap guitar and just a great player.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
It's great to read a review of the C-8 Deluxe I'm quite impressed by it myself as there's a store not too far from where I live that got both white & black models in stock recently (white looks much better) and I'm very tempted as it's a bit of a step up from Schecter's previous models at that price point.

albertc

Reaction score
I'm excited for the new platinums. I played the platinum c1 and its a great guitar for 549

Zado

Reaction score
That's pretty much a total win.I wish they used some blue or green though.

And the 8 string is coming as well...

10846258_1004638306219647_4090485784586718189_n.jpg

Someone buy this!!

Valnob

about tree fiddy
Reaction score
In the new video of Chapman Guitars, where wee see Rob Chappers visit the guitar factory in Korea (where the make PRS, LTD, Dean and Schecter).

I saw a Schecter 7 string with a spider inlay.
Any idea of the model ?

27430f64b5da70f7b97f4a3fca0d168e.png

aebc6827119e666f0eaf015650b6241d.png

Zado

Reaction score
No idea,but that was a great find man!

They are V btw
spifer.jpg

A buddy hypotized it might be the Sin Quirin signature...hope he's right,I'm a lil tired of great models ruined by silly inlays,and I could have hardly accepted a whole new series with...that thing :shrug:

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
A buddy hypotized it might be the Sin Quirin signature...hope he's right,I'm a lil tired of great models ruined by silly inlays,and I could have hardly accepted a whole new series with...that thing :shrug:

I'm gonna take a guess that it's the new version of the Chris Howorth sig. In This Moment put out a steaming pile of crap this year called "Black Widow." Seems to make the most sense.

')