New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
The Tempest line, in general, is perfect. Hands down my favorite body style of any established brand (the Ibanez RGD coming in at a close second, it's a shame that they aren't doing much with that besides 7-strings).

The thick body, nice contours, carved top (on some models), and the semi-double cut aesthetic. Absolutely perfect.

And the weight! It's not a paper thin feather light LP knock off. It has some body behind it. I picked one up on a whim, as a backup through a schecter endorsement and it's now my favorite of the bunch. Love it!

Vamo

Reaction score
Holy mother of green guitars. From when is this model?
Seriously, does anyone know anything about that beatuy?

I won't be satisfied until Schecter offers something akin to this:
q0Mpq6i.png

dlam_ivs

Reaction score
And the weight! It's not a paper thin feather light LP knock off. It has some body behind it. I picked one up on a whim, as a backup through a schecter endorsement and it's now my favorite of the bunch. Love it!

The weight is fantastic. Really well balanced guitar. It's not too heavy, but it feels like you're holding a solid piece of equipment.

I'm getting moist just thinking about it. I'm definitely getting that Jerry Horton Tempest this year.

DredFul

Maple fretboard enthusiast
Reaction score
Black Ops C-1? Activision sig?

I like it :D the inlay doesn't look too cheesy.

Splenetic

Reaction score
Maaan....the orange KM-7 and the Tempest Custom.... Both are gorgeous. The S-II looks kinda nice too. Interesting that they're bringing those in just as LTD is seemingly killing off their Viper line.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Holy mother of green guitars. From when is this model?
Seriously, does anyone know anything about that beatuy?

I'm rather sure just from looking at it that it's a regular Tempest Custom with a rather basic colour swap photoshopping job done to it.

stevexc

Reaction score
It's actually just a speaker for mp3 players styled like an amp, he put a custom sticker on it. I've got one of those exact same ones, has volume, bass, & treble control knobs on it.

No, I'm pretty sure it's just a normal amp and he's the world's most giant guitar tech.

Zado

Reaction score
Maaan....the orange KM-7 and the Tempest Custom.... Both are gorgeous. The S-II looks kinda nice too. Interesting that they're bringing those in just as LTD is seemingly killing off their Viper line.

I'm glad we are having a new SG model in the market..too bad for the Viper,though I was never a fan of the shape,it always seemed a bit off to me.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
That Schecter quasi-SG shape is fugly. Looks like a Mosrite guitar flipped. No bueno.

That Garza Tele though, dang!

indreku

Reaction score
Schecter, why no new baritones?

would be cool to get a black ops baritone as well(or even better yet an multiscale)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
For some reason, Schecter hates 6-string baritones. :(

Only ones they have that interests me are the Kenny Hickey and the 30'' Ultra.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I know, it's sad. :( I'd love to get me a 27'' sixer, but the only one that seems to interest me is the upcoming Epi Flynn sig.

dedsouth333

That one dude...
Reaction score
Yep. Outside of that it's the PRS Mushok, the Blacktop Tele or an Agile (to my knowledge). I too, am super bummed about the lack of choices.

Edit: At least out of the more affordable options.

')