New Schecter Models Megathread

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Like said before, when it's a MW thing they want it to be impeccable in every aspect. So it might have occured something unexpected and now trying to fix it the best possible way. Maybe re-building the instrument.

That’s all well and good, but if they can’t actually build a guitar to their standards, that’s its own problem that they need to address, not much of an excuse.

trem licking

Reaction score
That’s all well and good, but if they can’t actually build a guitar to their standards, that’s its own problem that they need to address, not much of an excuse.

does this new guitar have an 8 string floyd rose? if so, it is NOT allowed to exist. all the gods will smite down upon your build for eternity until you give up and either play 8 stringed hardtails or 7 string trems. how dare you try to find a workaround for both :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Reaction score
does this new guitar have an 8 string floyd rose? if so, it is NOT allowed to exist. all the gods will smite down upon your build for eternity until you give up and either play 8 stringed hardtails or 7 string trems. how dare you try to find a workaround for both :D

Apparently it isn’t allowed to exist which is driving me nuts.

Infused1

Reaction score
I was told on Feb 1 and again on Feb 26 that they are just waiting for the body to come from paint. On Feb 26 they said they hoped it’d be done that week (last week).

So if they ran into a problem they aren’t telling me. And this guitar was supposed to be done in November.

I wouldnt stress on this. My last order was also a gloss black guitar and it did end up coming in a few weeks late as well. Body was in paint longer. Many people may not know this but black is not always the easiest finish to do, especially gloss black. There is typically more color sanding time with gloss black as it can tend to show flaws easier. Mine is flawless so I know a lot of hand work went into it. I saw the photo after the first coats of gloss, it was not flawless at that point but once finished, perfecto. The head USA luthiers are perfectionists also and will do it right. Never know, your body may have needed an extra sanding before final coats! Happens. Known Shigeki 20 years now, good guy and does the final assembly and USA Fretwork.

Attachments

• 21183FFD-1576-4386-BA17-672E4EFA4FC3.jpeg
    21183FFD-1576-4386-BA17-672E4EFA4FC3.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 91

Zado

Reaction score
I wouldnt stress on this. My last order was also a gloss black guitar and it did end up coming in a few weeks late as well. Body was in paint longer. Many people may not know this but black is not always the easiest finish to do, especially gloss black. There is typically more color sanding time with gloss black as it can tend to show flaws easier. Mine is flawless so I know a lot of hand work went into it. I saw the photo after the first coats of gloss, it was not flawless at that point but once finished, perfecto. The head USA luthiers are perfectionists also and will do it right. Never know, your body may have needed an extra sanding before final coats! Happens. Known Shigeki 20 years now, good guy and does the final assembly and USA Fretwork.
Damn, those two...

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

Wow, you don't see the "00" series very often, and you have two USA 007's? Awesome!

cardinal

Reaction score

Gorgeous guitars!

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score

Damn, I’ve seen that blue 007 a few times and it’s so great. I usually don’t go in for quilted tops but it works so well, especially with the natural headstock.

Don’t you have an A7 in a similar finish too?

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
This is nice. This in blue would be nice too.

V-1%20FR%20APOCALYPSE%20RED%20REIGN%20TILT.png

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
There is another Schecter Sunset 7 Custom shop on Ebay in the UK and oh my god I need it!

If I didn't have to save I would buy it right now, but it's just sitting there tempting me

s-l500.jpg

Interesting, I've never seen one of those before. Is it an ESP E-II (headstock), an Ibanez/Jackson (inlays), or a Schecter? :lol: