New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbardu

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how are the prototypes as guitars (just in general)? Anyone ever get one?

Not a Schecter but I have a one-off/proto from another brand. It's in a similar range as the high-end Shecters and from I'm pretty sure the same WMI factory that the high-end Schecter protos often come from. Well long story short, it's shockingly good.

That said those last few ones posted look like they are made in Indonesia, so might be different!

AJS

Reaction score
Not a Schecter but I have a one-off/proto from another brand. It's in a similar range as the high-end Shecters and from I'm pretty sure the same WMI factory that the high-end Schecter protos often come from. Well long story short, it's shockingly good.

That said those last few ones posted look like they are made in Indonesia, so might be different!

Good to know. Cause occasionally they look really really cool, but considering that there's only one in existence, there's not much to compare it against QC wise. If they're made at WMI and get the same treatment as other Schecters, then I'm all for it. If it's dealt with by the best guys at Schecter, even better.

Anybody have one of the Indonesian models? How are they? I don't know where in Indonesia they tend to make them.

yan12

Reaction score
My 2 cents has been the same for the last 8 yrs or so. Any Schecter, at any price point, is a great value compared to similar spec'd models from other manufacturers. I find the attention to detail CONSISTENTLY better across the board. Many big companies tend to let that fall through the cracks on entry level or lower level guitars, especially fret sprout and finish imperfections. Customer service is outstanding as well, especially for a big company.

Reactions: AJS

Zado

Reaction score
Mmm not sure about the customer service, I've been a lil disappointed in the past honestly.

yan12

Reaction score
Well you are in Italy...LOL!
Seriously, I think dealing with the right folks is huge. You know I deal with Jason over at DCGL, and they command a ton of respect with Schecter as well as ESP, etc. But in general, I deal with my local store first. Many times they can go directly to the manufacturer and get things done a lot easier than the end user ....but you are never gonna get that from GC type salesmen. It' why I deal with smaller shops in general, much better customer service all the way around.

Zado

Reaction score
Anything in particular?

Various stuff, mostly unreplied email (and I wasn't asking anything weird or unreasonable), or incoherent replies. For example, when I got my Traditional (brand new guitar) I noticed there was no certificate or paperwork of sorts, and all the stuff that's usually included in their CS offerings. So I asked, multiple times really, cause you know, for some buyers e certificate means something and you never know. Sometimes they said they would provide me one, asked my address and then nothing happened.. Another time that their database of that period (2013 according to the serial) got lost and couldn't help. Another time again they said I should have asked the shop, another again that there was Namm and things get messy during namm....in the end I accepted the thing and that was it, but the idea is that they were trying to make some excuses instead of trying to help. And that was for a CS guitar, meaning money were spent.

But, you know, it's a big brand, and I'm positive dealing with fender and Gibson might be somewhat similar. I still like their guitars, and they are one of my first choices, I just don't consideri their Customer Support to be high level. For me a quality Support is that of Nik from Ceriatone... Totally different numbers, but if Schecter was half of that I'd have no doubt about the brand.

Zado

Reaction score
Well you are in Italy...LOL!
Seriously, I think dealing with the right folks is huge. You know I deal with Jason over at DCGL, and they command a ton of respect with Schecter as well as ESP, etc. But in general, I deal with my local store first. Many times they can go directly to the manufacturer and get things done a lot easier than the end user ....but you are never gonna get that from GC type salesmen. It' why I deal with smaller shops in general, much better customer service all the way around.
Yep, another continent, but still I guess they could have delivered more in multiple occasions. Also, Italy is by far their most successful market for USA Production instruments outside America, and imho that should bring something to the table as well...

yan12

Reaction score
Italy DOES bring something to the table...it's called Mezzabarba!
Seriously good amps. Certainly a mate to my Roccaforte which I did not think possible. Half Beard & Stronghold...sounds like a law firm!
And my strap maker lives in Italy. Can't find anyone here that can do what he does.

Millul

Reaction score
Seriously good amps. Certainly a mate to my Roccaforte which I did not think possible. Half Beard & Stronghold...sounds like a law firm!
And my strap maker lives in Italy. Can't find anyone here that can do what he does.

Totally OT, but, which strap maker?

Zado

Reaction score
Yeah Mezzabarba/Masotti amps are good, but imho not Roccaforte good. They are sort of modern take on the classic SLO sound, with full features and tweakability, but still very SLO-ish (which is great if you like that tone). But imho Rocca is another beast, sort of ultimate savage Marshall higainer, no bells and whistles, just barebone face slapping tone. One of those amps I'd love to have along with a Wizard.
That said I'm glad Italian products are gaining some fame overseas, I'm waiting for Frog amps, BRBS and Redseven to do the same.

AJS

Reaction score
Yeah Mezzabarba/Masotti amps are good, but imho not Roccaforte good. They are sort of modern take on the classic SLO sound, with full features and tweakability, but still very SLO-ish (which is great if you like that tone). But imho Rocca is another beast, sort of ultimate savage Marshall higainer, no bells and whistles, just barebone face slapping tone. One of those amps I'd love to have along with a Wizard.
That said I'm glad Italian products are gaining some fame overseas, I'm waiting for Frog amps, BRBS and Redseven to do the same.

And of course GNG guitars. For people that can afford them (or even try them).

Millul

Reaction score

Redseven seems to be getting some traction lately!

Zado

Reaction score
Screenshot-20210926-082704-com-android-chrome.jpg

They know your fears

bigsimpin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried those new Blackjack models with the Lundgrens? They have a pretty amazing spec on paper for the price, but I wanna try one out before committing.

Late reply but in case you're still interested I've got the Banshee Mach 7 with Lundgrens M7's and it's amazing. Heavy neck-through guitar, fantastic fretwork, and interesting U shaped neck but with not quite as pronounced shoulders as the Keith Merrow guitars. Neck feels thinner than Schecter's 7 string "Ultra thin C" shape with more of a flat-ish section in the middle, but nowhere near as thin as the 6 string SLS Elites. Very comfortable neck to play if you position your thumb behind the neck, but if you're used to thumb over it can initially feel a bit awkward (space between the back of the neck and your hand).

The body has a slight curve that feels comfortable and modern, not too thin like an Ibanez S series but not the typical flat top or archtop either. A nice inbetween. Satin finish feels good but not the thickest i've seen on Schecters (some feel poly coated, this one doesn't). I've got the mostly black version (Ember Burst) and it looks a bit plain in dimly lit areas but in the sunlight you see the burst goes all the way to the edges of the top and it looks glorious. Nice to have that variation of burst in different lighting.

Volume and tone knobs well placed. I have the non-Evertune hardtail and am really pleased with it. All quality, was easy to setup and just a joy to play. I have a bunch of other Schecters but this one is just special to me, as though the weight reminds me how serious an axe it is. The Lundgrens are amazing, could not ask for a better pickup, they are my favourite, probably the best pickups I have, and will never come out of the guitar.

kidmendel

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Late reply but in case you're still interested I've got the Banshee Mach 7 with Lundgrens M7's and it's amazing. Heavy neck-through guitar, fantastic fretwork, and interesting U shaped neck but with not quite as pronounced shoulders as the Keith Merrow guitars. Neck feels thinner than Schecter's 7 string "Ultra thin C" shape with more of a flat-ish section in the middle, but nowhere near as thin as the 6 string SLS Elites. Very comfortable neck to play if you position your thumb behind the neck, but if you're used to thumb over it can initially feel a bit awkward (space between the back of the neck and your hand).

The body has a slight curve that feels comfortable and modern, not too thin like an Ibanez S series but not the typical flat top or archtop either. A nice inbetween. Satin finish feels good but not the thickest i've seen on Schecters (some feel poly coated, this one doesn't). I've got the mostly black version (Ember Burst) and it looks a bit plain in dimly lit areas but in the sunlight you see the burst goes all the way to the edges of the top and it looks glorious. Nice to have that variation of burst in different lighting.

Volume and tone knobs well placed. I have the non-Evertune hardtail and am really pleased with it. All quality, was easy to setup and just a joy to play. I have a bunch of other Schecters but this one is just special to me, as though the weight reminds me how serious an axe it is. The Lundgrens are amazing, could not ask for a better pickup, they are my favourite, probably the best pickups I have, and will never come out of the guitar.

This was appreciated, thank you!

')