New Schecter Models Megathread

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
It wasnt so much of a big seller that now it is completely extinct on the used market haha. Im sure there are other reason than just being a big seller. Maybe the resurgence of star shaped guitars will make them think twice. Otherwise, i'm gonna have to buy a Ibanez Xiphos
i found a cygnus on some random site that had been autographed by pink floyd. I can shoot you the link if you're curious

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
I don't get it. I'd understand a strat with Gilmour (and maybe other PF members too) signature(s), but what the hell does a schecter heavy metal model have to do with Pink Floyd?

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I don't get it. I'd understand a strat with Gilmour (and maybe other PF members too) signature(s), but what the hell does a schecter heavy metal model have to do with Pink Floyd?
people have musicians sign all kinds of guitars regardless of what they're known for playing. I'm betting someone got a cygnus for dirt cheap and just used it for that reason.

Jarmake

Frost Giant
Reaction score
people have musicians sign all kinds of guitars regardless of what they're known for playing. I'm betting someone got a cygnus for dirt cheap and just used it for that reason.

Yeah, sure. But I still don't get it. I wouldn't buy a cygnus because it had pink floyd signatures on it. Especially if the names on the guitar would rise the price by a large amount.

But if it sells...

And maybe I am just too old. *Insert old man shouting at clouds here*

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
255391056_5183197295030373_39029333427574910_n.jpg

255209049_5183197291697040_7887817755509014894_n.jpg
255104073_5183197288363707_2966613208990301518_n.jpg
Total cringe. It literally says candy apple yet they use a plain old uncandied apple. 0/10 would not buy.

Zado

Reaction score
When are we getting gloss finishes back? I love a gloss CAR. Literally the only reason I haven’t bought the new E-1 yet is because it’s satin. oh shit - just realized I totally had an SSO moment.
Ive bene asking for more gloss schecs all life. The just wont listen, sort of "we're gonna use flamed tops so you will think you're buying a more esclusive instrument". Nah, It just looks less metal.

AJS

Reaction score
Ive bene asking for more gloss schecs all life. The just wont listen, sort of "we're gonna use flamed tops so you will think you're buying a more esclusive instrument". Nah, It just looks less metal.

They seem to be half and half these days. The Silver Mountain and SLS Elite are both gloss, but the SLS is only on top. I for one happen to like satin, but different strokes, I guess. I used to have an ATX that was gloss, but I sold it to get another Schecter.

Zado

Reaction score
They seem to be half and half these days. The Silver Mountain and SLS Elite are both gloss, but the SLS is only on top. I for one happen to like satin, but different strokes, I guess. I used to have an ATX that was gloss, but I sold it to get another Schecter.
Sorry i was meaning gloss w/ solid colored finish

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
New Aaron Marshall Schecter sig in the works!!
He just received them for the show today, prototypes are sage blue/green fine grain sparkle and emerald green large grain sparkle.
Legit Gotoh 510 trems, stainless frets, Schecter USA pickups, Korean make, thin C neck shape, hipshot tuners. Allegedly looking to keep the cost low! Also, a 7 string is in the works, no specs on that one though.
PXL_20211122_025728075.jpg
PXL_20211122_024609363.jpg

aesthyrian

Reaction score
Gotta say, when he teased a sig model I didn't even consider Schecter as I don't remember him ever playing them. Specs look great, I'm sure it'll be a rad guitar! Monster player, glad to see him get a sig finally.

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
Gotta say, when he teased a sig model I didn't even consider Schecter as I don't remember him ever playing them. Specs look great, I'm sure it'll be a rad guitar! Monster player, glad to see him get a sig finally.

Pretty sure he has a Nick Johnston sig and they(Nick and Aaron) both reside in Toronto so that may have had a hand in him making that change. Plus he's been using an Abasi Legion out of the same factory in live performances so he knows they hold up.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
New Aaron Marshall Schecter sig in the works!!
He just received them for the show today, prototypes are sage blue/green fine grain sparkle and emerald green large grain sparkle.
Legit Gotoh 510 trems, stainless frets, Schecter USA pickups, Korean make, thin C neck shape, hipshot tuners. Allegedly looking to keep the cost low! Also, a 7 string is in the works, no specs on that one though.
View attachment 100346 View attachment 100347

More Schecs like this are always welcome!

')