New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Woah, I was 99% certain this would be a Mayones Aquila Sig (which I'd imagine they'd need as they don't seem to be selling in the market as much as I thought and don't have any other sig artists for them iirc?).

But I guess with him being friends with Nick etc this makes more sense. Very interested to see how these turn out!

bigsimpin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Would be great if manufacturers built in a string dampener instead of everyone using aftermarket ones.

AJS

Reaction score
Would be great if manufacturers built in a string dampener instead of everyone using aftermarket ones.

If it's removable and easily replaceable if it gets lost, I'm with you. Cuz sometimes you want the string noise behind the nut if you're not in a metal band.

Then again, foam is cheap. Fretwraps less so, but still inexpensive.

Last edited:

bigsimpin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm thinking about something like a string tree with foam, but the reverse (pointing upwards).The foam could be replaceable.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I can't think of any instance where I was like "man I should have taken off that string damper, I'm really missing those sympathetic notes ringing out"

What genre wants that sound??

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A few guitars have started coming with foam.
iizxp3otdlbwjigy9vzj.jpg

Long-term, the solution is simply to get rid of headstocks. They add high-leverage weight in the worst place, tuning instability, and string resonance. It might be a long time before we collectively get over the expectation of a headstock though, despite its failings.

jco5055

Reaction score
I'm surprised he left Mayones, I'm sure I'm wrong but it seems like it's been too short of a time for him to be leaving for a different company.

Zado

Reaction score
A few guitars have started coming with foam.
iizxp3otdlbwjigy9vzj.jpg

Long-term, the solution is simply to get rid of headstocks. They add high-leverage weight in the worst place, tuning instability, and string resonance. It might be a long time before we collectively get over the expectation of a headstock though, despite its failings.
Even high end crown corkscrews, had no idea

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
I'm surprised he left Mayones, I'm sure I'm wrong but it seems like it's been too short of a time for him to be leaving for a different company.
This was my immediate first thought. Exact same thing. I guess Mayones (being a smaller company) just couldn't offer enough of what Aaron wanted as far as the possibility of a signature instrument, artist cash incentives, touring gear support (mainly production turnaround time), etc.

I remember Aaron's signing on as a Mayones artist being a big event, and he was so stoked about his future with the company. But it all comes down to business moves, gents.

259971264_10165906560055002_4364292854054147849_n.jpg

Schecter coming in hot with more solid, one-piece wenge necks.

257410522_357827752810488_1619652686147530865_n.png

Last edited:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well shit he was signed with Mayones then. :lol:

Schecter just has the bigger support structure most likely. Be anywhere in the world and they can still hook you up.

Plus, yknow

$$$$

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
I can't think of any instance where I was like "man I should have taken off that string damper, I'm really missing those sympathetic notes ringing out"

What genre wants that sound??

The only time I can think is when people want to strike the strings behind the nut for the noise. Still, if you want to do that, remove the foam. 99% of people would prefer it.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
That Schecter looks sick!

During the last (maybe five?) years Aaron's been playing guitars (exclusively, as a signed artist) from Suhr, PRS, Aristides and Mayones so it doesn't really come as a surprise that he's moving on to another company already.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

But then how could the artist get a Gruv Gear sponsorship?

There's a reason everything is branded by different companies, who could easily produce whatever odds and ends an artist wants. Money.

Zado

Reaction score
That Schecter looks sick!

During the last (maybe five?) years Aaron's been playing guitars (exclusively, as a signed artist) from Suhr, PRS, Aristides and Mayones so it doesn't really come as a surprise that he's moving on to another company already.
Another Wes Hauch, great

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Another Wes Hauch, great

Yeah, cause we sure don't need another endlessly talented and creative artist like Wes.....

Artists brand hopping is nothing new. How many brands did Misha go through before landing with Jackson? God forbid they try out a bunch of different stuff if they have the capability to do so.

Zado

Reaction score
Yeah, cause we sure don't need another endlessly talented and creative artist like Wes.....

Artists brand hopping is nothing new. How many brands did Misha go through before landing with Jackson? God forbid they try out a bunch of different stuff if they have the capability to do so.
Not discussing his proficiency as player, but sure as heck I couldnt care less for signature models of artists that can't spend time with a model they designed. Nothing immoral or anything, I just dont' like it.

And no, I don't care enough for Misha to know how many brands he went thru

')