New Schecter Models Megathread

Zado

Reaction score
good point on the sunset headstock! Great idea!

NO way ibanez will ruin my schecter 2014 year,not even with a pink striped rg 565!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
I sent a may at seymour duncan yesterday to ask about some pickups and replied Merrow itself,he really is into duncan it seems :D

Zado

Reaction score
they said in 2014,maybe mid 2014...can't wait to try the pasadena and the Z-plus!

Reaction score
I wonder if Keith Merrow's sig will come with Duncans or the standard Schecter Super Rock, since everyone seems crazy about them. Probably Duncans since it's Keith. Maybe they'll bring out another 7 with the Super Rock pickups.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Most likely Duncans, since he's endorsed and works for them. Probably one of the newer sets.

Also, I like that demo. He really goes over the guitars nicely. And the Hellraiser doesn't sound too bad. Wish they'd introduce a Coupe model with a Florentine cutaway, though.

Zado

Reaction score
I wish they put the SH-5 in some models...the duncan custom in one of the very best pickups in SD catalog,I like it 10 times better than the JB :shrug:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I agree. Even ESP/LTD uses it in some of their guitars. Would love to see them in some future passive guitars. Would work well in the C-1s, Solos, and Tempests.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
I wish they put the SH-5 in some models...the duncan custom in one of the very best pickups in SD catalog,I like it 10 times better than the JB :shrug:

I really really hope that 2014 will be the year where the JB dissappears from every catalog as far as H-H configurations with 500k pots are concerned. That high-mid spike is harsh as hell. JB's belong in HSS guitars with 250k pots and nothing else.

I'm throwing out mine tomorrow, my LTD WA-600 will get Dominions:hbang:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I wonder if Keith Merrow's sig will come with Duncans or the standard Schecter Super Rock, since everyone seems crazy about them. Probably Duncans since it's Keith. Maybe they'll bring out another 7 with the Super Rock pickups.

Nazgul/Sentient or Pegasus/Sentient Set would be the most likely choice.

Reaction score
I love the JB in my Dean, it sounds great for just about anything, I wouldn't mind if they were in more guitars. I think the SH-5 sounds harsh, but that could be me.

Zado

Reaction score
I'm still wondering what's the difference between

jb/59

vs

jb/59 concept set

vs

jb/59 anniversary

vs

jb/59 antiquity

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Duncan made a video comparing the original, anniversary, and the antiquity set.
Also, whats the concept set?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Oooh, I see.
Well, my guess the Concept set is how the pickup was designed before it officially became the JB/59, the JB Anniversary is the original design of the JB/59, the Antiquity is an aged JB/59 set, and of course the standard set. All guesses, though.

And heres the comparison video.

Zado

Reaction score
Oooh, I see.
Well, my guess the Concept set is how the pickup was designed before it officially became the JB/59, the JB Anniversary is the original design of the JB/59, the Antiquity is an aged JB/59 set, and of course the standard set. All guesses, though.

And heres the comparison video.

I can hear some differences,but nothing that could have me spend more to purchase one instead of the others:ugh:

And talkin bout schecs,while it's clear that the KM model is amazing,it's ever clearer that something is lacking

image-1.jpg

SUPERSTRATZ

')