New Schecter Models Megathread

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Depending on how the price is, I've been in the market for a 26.5" 7 string and that sig definitely ticks the boxes (assuming the scale length). Hopefully it gets announced soon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SeventyFour

Reaction score
Assuming we do get a 7 string version of it (I can't see why we wouldn't but I don't think we've seen one yet?)

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Assuming we do get a 7 string version of it (I can't see why we wouldn't but I don't think we've seen one yet?)
F048EEE6-3796-4852-85F5-FB9683770128.jpeg

I was wondering if the other guitar here is a 7. People were asking him about 7 strings in chat and he said 6 strings are just easier so hes been mainly playing 6 strings.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
True, I am just assuming. But considering John's crazy amount of 7 and 8 string playing, I'd be very surprised to only see a 6 string. But it is true he's playing way more 6 strings now a days and prefers it.

View attachment 119345

I was wondering if the other guitar here is a 7. People were asking him about 7 strings in chat and he said 6 strings are just easier so hes been mainly playing 6 strings.
I was figuring the same, as that one next to it can't be the other 6 string he has because that one has a burst finish. I could only imagine that would be the 7 string version, as it would be weird for Schecter to send him three of the same 6 strings.

HylianN

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd love one of these ASAP but seeing how long it took to get Aaron Marshall's sig out, I think we are going to be waiting 1-2 years unfortunately.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
What are the odds they'll do another 8 with Floyd? They've been the only major brand in the market with one, but I'm getting the distinct impression that we'll never see anything other than the old abalone hellraiser C8 FRs.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
What are the odds they'll do another 8 with Floyd? They've been the only major brand in the market with one, but I'm getting the distinct impression that we'll never see anything other than the old abalone hellraiser C8 FRs.
Probably slim. That Hellraiser was probably them dipping their toes into doing 8-string Floyds, and I guess it didn't do good enough for them to warrant expanding it.

Masoo2

Reaction score
unless it sold within the last day, there's still a one-off JL8 available on Music Go Round for someone looking for a non-abalone 8 string with a Floyd under $1000

Shask

Reaction score
Seems like 8 strings have kind of dropped of the radar. You don't see them like you did 10 years ago.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
unless it sold within the last day, there's still a one-off JL8 available on Music Go Round for someone looking for a non-abalone 8 string with a Floyd under $1000
Yeah, I’ve almost bought that a couple of times, but ultimately it’s a pretty boring looking guitar. I’m sure it’s well made, though, so I keep coming back to it.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Seems like 8 strings have kind of dropped of the radar. You don't see them like you did 10 years ago.
Yeah they kinda just... stopped caring. :lol: I can see why 7-strings stayed (nu metal being the cultural juggernaut it was) and why 8-strings just kinda came and went.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Yeah they kinda just... stopped caring. :lol: I can see why 7-strings stayed (nu metal being the cultural juggernaut it was) and why 8-strings just kinda came and went.
All that 90s and early 00s shit is back now that the 80s craze is finally winding down. Just wait until 2030 when djent and dubstep become all the rage again. 8 string blue burst rg style guitars will flood the market.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
All that 90s and early 00s shit is back now that the 80s craze is finally winding down. Just wait until 2030 when djent and dubstep become all the rage again. 8 string blue burst rg style guitars will flood the market.

I'm waiting for the late 90s pattern polos to come back with short sleeves that go down mid fore arm. That's stylin'. Nothing happens until I say it does.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
In the meantime I'm still wondering why it seems almost impossible to find the Purple Banshee GT here in Europe

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score

Not good I’d say.

As stated above, 8 strings have definitely moved to the background as things like 6 string baritones have become more prominent. And on top of that, the movement in the 8 string realm is very clearly towards multiscale. Almost to the point of that becoming the defacto standard.

Mild tangent here; I wanted an 8 string trem guitar to compliment my Evertune loaded 080, but could not find it unless I went custom in some way. Kept going back and forth between a straight scale 7 w/Floyd or the Aristides H/08 w/trem and finally took the leap for the H/08 because Aristides had a deal going before they raised prices, and my 080 is the overall best guitar I’ve played or owned. Plus, if I don’t like the H/08, the resale should be fairly good. Still, I’ve always had a couple of issues, one fairly major with multiscales so I’m a bit worried this won’t work out.

Overall a frustrating experience.

On the plus side, the the H/08 doesn’t work for me, I plan to sale it and just go straight to Schecter’s custom shop for a trem loaded 8. (Unless I settle for a 7 string with a trem, which I don’t want to do because I want to stick with 8 strings.)

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

It's understandable. An 8-string doesn't make sense for the vast majority of metal guitarists. I'm willing to bet most people who are interested in them just wanna go chugga chugga on that low F#. But why have all that range when you can accomplish the same thing on a baritone?

')