New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Cuz we cant have nice things.

But I've seen this live, and it's quite badass. Not sure if 1.4k badass, but heavy metal badass.
koko.jpg
EsseMusic had a second hand red one in better shape than the black one you linked me some time ago, and for a better price.
I purchased it monday...and was refunded yesterday because it had already been sold... T__T

HylianN

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It may be sooner than we all thought... 6/7/8 string and wow they are sick!

edit: Also, I wonder if these are Korean or Indo made

Attachments

• schecterjb.jpg
    schecterjb.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score

Sick. But also $1700 USD:lame:

RobDobble6S7

Professional shit talker
Reaction score
That’s right in line with modern pricing. We’re getting brand new Schecter USA pickups with appointments just as nice as the KMs.
Didn't see the USA pickup specs, but I saw the look of the rest of the guitar and figured it'd be at the 1300 range about given the hipshot bridge and whatnot

Reaction score
Damn, another extended range superstrat... Don't get me wrong guys, I'm happy for y'all, but I'd love to see some more variety in extreme shapes like the E-7 and V-7. And them being actually available in Europe :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Damn, another extended range superstrat... Don't get me wrong guys, I'm happy for y'all, but I'd love to see some more variety in extreme shapes like the E-7 and V-7. And them being actually available in Europe :lol:

I'd be down for a Schecter V if they weren't oddly offset, it's not quite a rounded Rhoads and not quite a Gibson rounded V.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
:lol:

I imagine this being like someone driving around in a brand new Mustang and when people ask about it, the driver just goes "it has an engine!" and that's all he can say regardless of what's asked.

Nah 4cyl twin turbo 310hp with peak torque at 3500 vs around 6k on the V8!

Sorry got excited.

I wonder how many Dodge owners in the mid-00s went around just saying "it's got a hemi!" when their car very clearly, didn't

If you put the badge on the car with Elmer’s glue. It’s a hemi now.

As far as girls are concerned.

Seems like 8 strings have kind of dropped off the radar. You don't see them like you did 10 years ago.

I had to do math on my fingers to figure out why the hell you said “10” years. Fuck.

It's understandable. An 8-string doesn't make sense for the vast majority of metal guitarists. I'm willing to bet most people who are interested in them just wanna go chugga chugga on that low F#. But why have all that range when you can accomplish the same thing on a baritone?

Who makes cool 27-28” super strats in a 6 string? Honest question.

edit: Also, I wonder if these are Korean or Indo made

It’s like he knows I love purple guitars. Thank god the pickups aren’t gold. I love loud guitars.

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's funny to me that the headstock is always cut out of the photos I've seen of the John Browne model.
Mainly because I typically don't like any Schecter's headstocks, save the NJ model, and I believe John's has a typical 3x3 headstock on the 6 which kind of kills it for me.

OldMate

Riff Pig
Reaction score
It's funny to me that the headstock is always cut out of the photos I've seen of the John Browne model.
Mainly because I typically don't like any Schecter's headstocks, save the NJ model, and I believe John's has a typical 3x3 headstock on the 6 which kind of kills it for me.
Have a piccy of them all with the headstocks, then!

FB_IMG_1673650457177.jpg

')