New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Dunno what the "Hybrid" will be, but seems that they're using the offset-dot instead of the regular abalone cross, the new EMGs (don't remember their number), an hipshot and a shitload less abalone binding.

Sounds like they fixed all the stuff they were doing wrong (IMHO, of course) on the new models! Likely won't be buying any of them since I'm not really playing 7's much these days and the 6'ers I have work for me, but I do love seeing new stuff come out and from the looks of these and the KM7 sig model, it seems Schecter is moving in the right direction to have a very good sales year! :yum:

Also I will say this... if I didn't love my RG7 Premium for the little bit of 7-string stuff I am doing, I'd likely check out that KM7 sig, I really dig the specs on that A LOT. :yesway:

Zado

Reaction score
1378248_744712435545570_1141464482_n.jpg

cool new finish indeed.

feel free to say something here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...22077144.30526.131382650211888&type=1&theater

like,dunno, pleasenomoreabalone

Zado

Reaction score
we have not finished with purple yet

1005333_744795588870588_2017036918_n.jpg

I'm gettin decent at photoediting.
Senza_titolo.jpg

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
I have 2 Schecter guitars.

A C-1 FR white/creme, ebony fretboard.
A Loomis FR 7 string red satin, maple fretboard.

I would really like a hip shot equipped 7-string ebony neck, blackout pickups (but flexible here)
26.5 or 27 scale. With Emerald Green quilted top

A similar six string with maple neck, and purple quilted top, (but with gold hardware) at 25.5 scale.

Looking forward to seeing all they have to offer now.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It sucks when some of Schecters best guitars are limited editions. There's only 24 of the purple Avengers that'll be released. :(

Zado

Reaction score
I have 2 Schecter guitars.

A C-1 FR white/creme, ebony fretboard.
A Loomis FR 7 string red satin, maple fretboard.

I would really like a hip shot equipped 7-string ebony neck, blackout pickups (but flexible here)
26.5 or 27 scale. With Emerald Green quilted top

A similar six string with maple neck, and purple quilted top, (but with gold hardware) at 25.5 scale.

Looking forward to seeing all they have to offer now.
meh,green has never really grown into schecter,sadly

Zado

Reaction score
I can still want one lol.
get a kenny hickey signature and then tell me how it is:yesway:

Btw I'm prety persuaded that schecter should bring back some kind of modified tommy lee signature.The guitar looked really cool

Schecter.jpg

as phil x is showing here. It just lacked fret access,or more precisely,had good access to the wrong side of the board:lol:

But it'd be REALLy cool to have something explorel shaped on schecter side,it's something the brand lacks along with superstrat.

I mean

gibson-> explorer
jackson->kelly
esp-> ex
dean-Z
ibanez-> destroyer
agile-> ghost

Also,I honestly like the simple barebones style of that model.One pickup,satin finish,one volume and nothing else;maybe a modified shape would work

I imagined something like this
schecter_tommy.jpg

do you find this appropriate or rather ugly?please let me know:fawk:

i published the same thing on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202169368657001&set=o.131382650211888&type=1&theater

feel free to add comments,I'm ready to have my ass raped:hbang:

Reaction score
^ I actually like that very much.

Though I think the body would balance better and look great if it's reversed. Like a reverse Explorer.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
I've always liked the Stargazer bass as it's like a Rickenbacker but with a few Fender style touches thrown in and it's definitely one of Schecter's more underated bass models.
As for Schecter's 2014 lineup I'm pretty much sold on a Banshee 7 right now but I really wish they'd ditch a few of their series variations next year cause they have at least two versions of every series and not enough difference between them all.

BTW has anyone seen this yet?
Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd

Demon -8 - Schecter Guitar Research
I'm not sure about the "Duncan Designed" Blackouts but that crimson burst finish is gorgeous plus it's a 28" scale and there's 6/7 string versions too but for some reason the Demon series seems to be Europe only as it doesn't show on the U.S site (maybe it's to balance out most of their ltd editions not making it to Europe?) I've been checking out prices for it online though and it's available for around £400 which is pretty tempting really.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Well for some reason the Demon series is usually identical to the Omen series and typically retails around the same price too (the Omen active 8 is around £30 more than the Demon 8) the only difference tends to be minor things like the finish, inlays or the control layout so I've never really seen the point but either way I'm just happy to see that crimson redburst finish on a non SLS model.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
And you're right about them not being in the US. I honestly didn't know the Demon series still existed until you linked that. The Omen Active 8 is on their website, but I can't find anyone selling one, and I never got an answer from Schecter.

Zado

Reaction score
^ I actually like that very much.

Though I think the body would balance better and look great if it's reversed. Like a reverse Explorer.
thanks mate,i appreciate:hbang: yeah sort of reversed explorer is a good idea afterall!

1390588_745955128754634_701211961_n.jpg

They gave superstrats:metal:

rather expensive superstratz I fear:ugh:

Zado

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if Schecter put that out, especially in a 7-string, there's not many organs I wouldn't sell to get one of those immediately. :yesway:
thanks man,that's great for real:hbang: a 7 like that would be indeed something deadly:shred:

')