New Schecter Models Megathread

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The first 50 will have the backplate signed by Keith.

First run is sold out! If you do indeed want a KM-7 sooner rather than later (ie 'Dealer' holding your hard earned money for months) ... we STRONGLY suggest you contact one of the dealers Keith mentions below (Above) and secure yourself one of the first 50! Pretty cool that Keith is going to sign and number the back plates!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Meximelt

Reaction score
If i recall correctly, i remember the guy that runs schecter's Facebook page saying that they tried making a 7 string solo but they didn't like the way the headstock that they use for the solos looked as 7 string. They said it just didn't look right.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
If i recall correctly, i remember the guy that runs schecter's Facebook page saying that they tried making a 7 string solo but they didn't like the way the headstock that they use for the solos looked as 7 string. They said it just didn't look right.

That was the Tempest, unless I'm mistaken.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
They have done both in the past, but I can see what they're talking about...

DV016_Jpg_Large_1334852751311_A.jpg

That's my biggest gripe with most LP-style 7-strings. The headstock. It's tolerable, though.

Meximelt

Reaction score
That was the Tempest, unless I'm mistaken.

You know what, now that you say that i think you are right. But it is the same headstock. And i remember them saying they didn't like the way it looked with either 4 tuners on top and 3 on the bottom, or 3 on to and 4 on the bottom. So it would make sense for the same problem to exist with the solos. But who knows i might be completely wrong.

indreku

Reaction score
I'd love to see Riot body back to guitars...
6 string riot with revers avenger headstock and 28" neck, with blackjack setup

Metal Mortician

Ninja Lurker
Reaction score
Wow! Schecter has really nailed it this year with both the KM and JL sigs. I'm going to have to sell some stuff so the wife will agree to me acquiring something new. GAS is a terrible thing to have just after a new baby comes into the picture.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I remember when that guy was just some dude on here showing off his homemade Darth Vader graphic on an Agile 7 string. Now look at him. WE ARE PROUD OF YOU, KEITH!!

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
Everything about Keith's video/spec is brofist worthy. And at a time when I take a break from sevens.

"KM 1" might mean "Keith Merrow video 1". You know, instead of "Keith Merrow's 1 string guitar...derp". Maybe I've been trolled, but :wallbash:.

And those Banshees. Everything I need/want, nothing I don't. Hipshot six, graphtech nut, locking ....ing tuners, (damn fine) HH passives, ebony board, arm contour, bolt-on. Get out my head, fools!

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
"KM 1" might mean "Keith Merrow video 1". You know, instead of "Keith Merrow's 1 string guitar...derp". Maybe I've been trolled, but :wallbash:.

They initially labeled Jeff Loomis' video JL-1, then corrected it to JL-7, no big deal, I just find it funny.

')