New Schecter Models Megathread

Sabaism

Reaction score
As I correctly remember Keith said in his video that he love the 26,5" scale.
Any chance that the 8 string model come with this scale?
I don't know if it has been already said or ther is any information on that, but does anybody know if the KM-8 will be a regular model or more a limited run?

What a pity that we in europe have to wait so long for the new models. :-(

Anyway I'am happy for you guys :)

Cheers
Jo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
I can't imagine an 8 string from Keith coming in anything shorter than 27 inch, and even that's kind of on the short end when it comes to baritone 8s.

Zado

Reaction score
Mmm I expected something more blue-ish from those aquaburst,but that's good nontheless.I love that stargazer though

B_flat

Reaction score
Whoa, wait a minute here. Too much for my brain to handle. So are these special editions only, limited run?

As for the Holt sig, it's called Blood Spatter, it was on Dexter :wallbash:

The guitar was on dexter?! I am watching the series a 2nd time and don't remember it

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
Mmm I expected something more blue-ish from those aquaburst,but that's good nontheless.I love that stargazer though

Agreed, like that picture I quoted from you at the beginning of the last page.

Since this aquaburst is limited, I will probably skip it.

Now if it was like the one on the previous page (with more blue to it), with a light maple fret-board, set-neck/neck thru, with fixed bridge options! That I couldn't skip on!

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score

Their aquaburst must come from Atlantic Ocean waters. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

:lol::lol::lol:

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
As I correctly remember Keith said in his video that he love the 26,5" scale.
Any chance that the 8 string model come with this scale?

Well in the picture, it looks like the pickups are farther apart on the 8 than on the 7, despite being the same distances from the neck and bridge.

From the pic, I would guess that at least the prototype 8 has a 28" scale.

1604832_10201682608721051_2064983477_n.jpg

albertc

Reaction score
I actually prefer this aqua burst over the lighter ones. Looks a lot more like an ocean

Sabaism

Reaction score
@LordIronSpatula

probably you're right.
I think I have to test a 28" 8 stringer anyway before I can conclude if it is worth waiting for the KM-8 which isn't announced yet, or i I will stay with seven strings.

Just have seen the 9 string sneak preview on fb, pretty cool...

Cheers
Jo

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Looks like its going to be a cherry red hellraiser C9. I didn't know hipshot made 9 string bridges though.

I wonder what the scale length would be. Schecter go up a bit for each extra string. 25.5" for six, 26.5" for seven, 28" for eight... maybe they'll do 30" for 9 or something. Ibanez only did 28" for their RG9 proto (if I remember correctly) and that sounds a bit short to me for a low C#

8StringX

Reaction score
Looks like its going to be a cherry red hellraiser C9. I didn't know hipshot made 9 string bridges though.

I wonder what the scale length would be. Schecter go up a bit for each extra string. 25.5" for six, 26.5" for seven, 28" for eight... maybe they'll do 30" for 9 or something. Ibanez only did 28" for their RG9 proto (if I remember correctly) and that sounds a bit short to me for a low C#

Yeah, Hipshot has made 9-string bridges for a while.

For the scale length, part of me wants schecter to release the C9 with a 30" scale for the low c#, especially since Ibanez is using a 28" scale on their 9-strings. At the same time, a 28" scale would be much better for the instrument as a whole. Either way, I'm really excited that two major guitar companies are releasing 9-strings.

aneurysm

Type o´Negative
Reaction score
That would be even better, but please with a fixed Bridge only for you!:lol:

')