New Schecter Models Megathread

Zado

Reaction score
hellraiser-c-1-steel-green-laying-hires.jpg

ooooh it looks like mine<3!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score

Zado

Reaction score
Looks amazing but $3,195 MSRP means it's probably around $2,500 street? Still too rich for my blood. No details mentioned, but at this price you'd expect SS frets. So far I have seen SS frets come only on the KM-7 & JL-7, is it featured on the USA production line?
For a custom shop instrument 2300$ (that's the streetprice) is not that bad actually:yesway: SS frets are something only seen in JL7 and KM7 for schecter AFAIK.Maybe they will implement them in CS too,who knows (they don't have to,there are very few SS frets loaded CS guitars out there)

Am I the only one finding the site a bit messy? when you open the SLS section it appears full of tons of identical models:spock: if you don't actually already know the difference between them it can be quite confusing

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Looks amazing but $3,195 MSRP means it's probably around $2,500 street? Still too rich for my blood. No details mentioned, but at this price you'd expect SS frets. So far I have seen SS frets come only on the KM-7 & JL-7, is it featured on the USA production line?

1) I think it's actually around $2200 - $2300
2) These are closer to ESP USA than Fender American Standard, considering they're made in Schecter's custom shop
3) The JL-7 and KM-7s JUST came out. It's not like Schecter saw the light of day and decided to put SS frets on every single model. If they're interested in SS frets, they're most likely testing the waters with the JL/KMs first.

EDIT: Also, they fixed the color of the Kenny Hickey sig. It looks the proper shade of green instead of being an aqua green.

kenny-hickey-artist-model-tilt.png

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I really hope that the selection of lefty guitars is wider than the site is currently showing. I really want an Avenger 8.

Kind of has me worried, actually. The descriptions on the website usually show left handed options and what color they come in.

I'm hoping that the 'everything available left handed' on those promo pictures that were released a month or so ago wasn't changed. Schecter has always been good to lefties in the past.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Since there's only one lefty that's being shown, and that's from last year, I'd say just wait. Since some images still aren't there, the site probably isn't fully completed.

EDIT: Whoops, left it in the 2014 section. I'd still wait and see, though.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
SO wait, the Banshee 7 passive is not available in Purple flame? Oh no.... No no no...!

This is a problem Schecter!

I am very disappointed about there not even being a purple 7 string Banshee with Nazgul/Sentient pickups. Looks like I will not be getting one until Schecter fixes this mess! :wallbash:

Schecter if you truly are listening to your fanbase, then it would be wise to offer this guitar to us, sometime before the end of the year. :realmad:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a dick, but really? A mess? Sure it would have been nice to see a purple passive 7-string, but it's not a fucking clusterfuck. :rofl:

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a dick, but really? A mess?

lol it is to me.

They are offering a lot of great things, but the one major thing I was looking forward to from them isn't happening, to me that is a mess!
It shouldn't be any harder for them to offer the same damn finish as on the active version?

Also a cluster.... is worse than a mess. I didn't say cluster...., I said mess!

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
It's also not hard to buy active-sized Nazgul/Sentients. :lol:

True, but for over $800, I would rather have them already in there.

easy counter, its not hard to use a finish they are using on an active version, on the passive version!

Which they may do further on in the year... Hopefully!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well maybe if they see enough complaining, it'll happen eventually. Look what happened with the SLS inlays.

Zado

Reaction score
We are exxxxxagerating a bit guys:lol: there's no other brand that gave all the tits schecter did this year in this price range,we can't really complain about this ;) I also didn't see what I was expecting (Solo-II custom) but let's wait a bit,the catalog is not complete yet (the bass section is still lacking some models,not even annouced but existent,for example)

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
We are exxxxxagerating a bit guys:lol: there's no other brand that gave all the tits schecter did this year in this price range,we can't really complain about this ;)

It was an exaggeration, however, if we don't complain, or speak up, how can Schecter listen to us, to make said changes?

But I agree, Schecter is imo best bang for your buck on guitars. (especially this year) I just am voicing my disappointment for no purple passive 7 banshee!

')