New Schecter Models Megathread

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Maple...

Necked...

Basses...

dayum-dayum-dayum-better-speed.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Anyone hear/read what the neck profile on the Banshee-7's will be (standard or slim)? Maybe I'm blind but I don't recall having seen that.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The 6 and 8 are slim, so I'd be surprised if the 7 isn't.

EDIT: Also, that Solo-6 is either a Damien Platinum or a sig model. Either way... :yum:

Stangstag

Reaction score
+1 on that. And if you guys remember the pic posted here that got immediately deleted on schecter's facebook page,well think this model is pretty similar.A new series maybe?

btw I'd love to see more pics of this
1376471_739866286030185_1354605351_n.jpg

natural finishes are great,maybe they will provide some other options..
titolo.jpg

asssa.jpg

Holy shit, those look amazing

surfthealien

Reaction score
...They changed the inlay MONTHS ago to dot ones.

According to the official website and every online retailer that I have checked it hasn't. I'm totally not trying to troll, I love my loomis but when I hear "no more lame ass inlays! Only dots! No more abalone!" I get excited go to the site and ams drum city etc... And I'm bummed out to see the inlays still there. If schecter has changed it months ago why does the schecter site say otherwise. I have provided a link below.

Blackjack SLS C-1 EX Baritone - Schecter Guitar Research

pedalcollector371

Reaction score
I really hate the dots inlays. They make them look like every other guitar in the world. The inlays have always been one of the coolest part of each different guitar, and dots? Well they're boring as ...., to be honest. I do like some of the new models I'm seeing, but I'm glad I have an older Schecter (yes, WITH ABALONE!). Literally all my music friends I show my guitar to think its damn sexy, and no one has bitched about the inlays or how it has abalone

Stangstag

Reaction score
According to the official website and every online retailer that I have checked it hasn't. I'm totally not trying to troll, I love my loomis but when I hear "no more lame ass inlays! Only dots! No more abalone!" I get excited go to the site and ams drum city etc... And I'm bummed out to see the inlays still there. If schecter has changed it months ago why does the schecter site say otherwise. I have provided a link below.

Blackjack SLS C-1 EX Baritone - Schecter Guitar Research

I ordered and received a Blackjack SLS C-8 two months ago, and it has the new dot inlays. Im pretty sure they have stopped making the skull inlay version.

Zado

Reaction score
IIRC the change from skull to dots will be official in 2014

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

People have started getting dot inlay'd models. So far, the C-7, C-8, and several 6-string models have dot inlays. They may not all have them, but a good few of them do.

and dots? Well they're boring as ...., to be honest.

60874-What-No-No-No-no-no-Gif-arrest-f2t7.gif

manu80

Reaction score
a PT 7 string? I'm sold. Still they'd remove the pick up rings.
That V looks cool too ...
Tough year to come...

Zado

Reaction score
Because the ESP Eclipse is totally original. :lol:
Nope but just the main target for the lp addicted metalheads

Btw it seems the pt7....is not a pt.At least that s wat a friend of mine got when asked schecter bout it. Now curious and disappointed

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
Btw it seems the pt7....is not a pt.At least that s wat a friend of mine got when asked schecter bout it. Now curious and disappointed

I'm pretty sure it's just a PT archtop but due to the shape of the lower horn it could also be a slightly reworked version of the Tempest and seeing as 2014 means a return for the Avenger bringing back another one of their older shapes would make sense.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I still think it's a passive-loaded C-7 with a Hipshot.

The picture is deleted, but there was a 6-string version posted a few weeks ago.

Zado

Reaction score
No idea...it could be everything,but schecter was clear about it bein a pt
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaj.jpg

that said,the first schecter comment is

this is sure to be a top winner for 2014!!!!
now,this is for sure a biased statement,but honestly if the guitar wont deal something very new like a totally different body shape but will be just a simple C-1 in matte black,I dunno how could be possibly said that will be a top winner...well it could if sold for 150$.

But it had to be gloss black.

The only thing that would come to my mind would be a different take on this
1426513_756921544324659_1546619654_n.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'd say it's either going to be a new, mid-priced series loaded with their budget Schecter passives to save some bucks (Maybe $250 - $500, could be a new Omen series), or a mid-highend series loaded with Schecter USA pickups.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Siiigh

Get the rg8 now, like I've been planning on doing, or wait and see what, out of all this stuff, ends up being available in lefty versions??? Gaaaah!

')