New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

break

Reaction score
I too would like a Banshee 7, but they don't offer the trans purple finish on the passive (specifically fixed bridge) version. Maybe next year...
Same problem I"m dealing with.... was 100% committed to going a Banshee with passives in trans purple, but the lack of purple in passives has put me right off.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

Seymour Duncan

OPTIONS1.jpg

Bareknuckle

knaftersoap7bk-xl.jpg

Lundgren

Job_331611.jpg

There's a reason companies started making these. Make use of them. :rofl:

Convictional

Starfish, Octopus
Reaction score
I was also looking forward to the passive in purple for my first Schecter. Oh well...

I feel the same way. It has a lot of features I love but black is such a common colour it's very much a turn off since I already own a black schecter.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I feel the same way. It has a lot of features I love but black is such a common colour it's very much a turn off since I already own a black schecter.

1) Do like I said above and get active-housed passives. Like I said, there's a friggen' reason why companies are making these.

2)
banshee-7-passive-crb-tilt.png

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
Same problem I"m dealing with.... was 100% committed to going a Banshee with passives in trans purple, but the lack of purple in passives has put me right off.

Yeah maybe later on in the year, or next year....

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

Seymour Duncan

OPTIONS1.jpg

Bareknuckle

knaftersoap7bk-xl.jpg

Lundgren

Job_331611.jpg

There's a reason companies started making these. Make use of them. :rofl:

Thats lovely and all, but what about changing the wiring from Active to Passive?

Or would it be identical wiring? I am not gonna mess with the wiring on a brand new guitar.

Spending more on different pickups, on a brand new guitar, when the purple passive is obviously in demand, isn't all that attractive.

BUT if it doesn't require re-wiring, and its a somewhat easy change out on a BRAND NEW guitar, then I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the notion.

indreku

Reaction score
well the issue could be as I've seen few times is that the active pickups do not need grounding and they are not grounded to the bridge, well this causes the problem, that you do not have the wire coming from the bridge you can ground your passive pickups. So you would need to address that issue.

celticelk

Reaction score
Spending more on different pickups, on a brand new guitar, when the purple passive is obviously in demand, isn't all that attractive.

Apparently it's not in demand enough for Schecter to make it a production option. Suck it up and swap the pickups out, or get over it.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Yeah maybe later on in the year, or next year....

Thats lovely and all, but what about changing the wiring from Active to Passive?

Or would it be identical wiring? I am not gonna mess with the wiring on a brand new guitar.

BUT if it doesn't require re-wiring, and its a somewhat easy change out on a BRAND NEW guitar, then I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the notion.

It requires a complete rewire and drilling. And if you know what you're doing the end result will be much better than stock. Your BRAND NEW guitar would still be BRAND NEW. That's like complaining about installing a fancy Bose speaker system in a brand new car.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
Apparently it's not in demand enough for Schecter to make it a production option. Suck it up and swap the pickups out, or get over it.

awfully touchy are we?

There are plenty of posters here who have said they want it.

I am willing to wait, I am also willing to look into the pickups like I mentioned in the same post.

But that is an opinion, maybe slightly different to you, and it upsets you. Maybe you should suck it up, and get over it. I am not getting defensive with anyone, and you shouldn't with me! :nono:

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
It requires a complete rewire and drilling. And if you know what you're doing the end result will be much better than stock. Your BRAND NEW guitar would still be BRAND NEW. That's like complaining about installing a fancy Bose speaker system in a brand new car.

This is what I was talking about. the complete re-wiring, Its not like I think it wouldn't be brand new :rolleyes:. Its just I would rather not have to re-wire a brand new guitar...

I haven't rewired a guitar yet, and yes I have one here I plan on experimenting with, but I would rather it not be with one of my brand new ones, I am a complete beginner on re-wiring, pickups and such!

Getting it done for a decent price wouldn't be bad, but guitar + pickups + installation I can just wait until later on when I can get a decent deal on it all.

Zado

Reaction score
10003384_599419213481929_1432223779_n.jpg

And IMVHO,EMGs will never be so bad to stop me from purchasing a guitar I otherwise like.Not just because I like EMGs of course.Swapping electronic 's not a big trouble afterall..I'd personally buy the guitar in the finish I like,play it and see if those pickups really need to be changed (it may sound weird,but my hellraiser sounds totally different from the extreme models I've tried,and both of em are emg loaded),and in case I'd put another couple after some months.But that's just me.

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
^^ That may be exactly what I end up doing.
I could get the Active purple one I want... Then later on change out the wiring and pickups, (or have it done for a decent price).

But I may actually like the stock active pickups. We will see.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Apparently Andertons in the UK is selling Schecters now. They've got some new models in.

Loomis sig is cheaper than I was expecting:
Schecter JL-7 Jeff Loomis 7-String Guitar in Black | Andertons

They even have the lefty version!
Schecter Left Handed JL-7 Jeff Loomis 7-String Guitar in Black | Andertons

Odd that guitarguitar told me the lefty version wasn't available in the UK. The more I talk to people selling guitars the more I find they have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

I was all geared up to order the JL7 if I found one, but I've been reaching for my 8 alot more than my 7 lately, I may have to give it some time to decide which I like more. Shame nobody in the UK is selling the 8-string Banshees yet.

')